How Long Do You Let Motoseal Setup Before Starting Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends. On clamshells I let it sit overnight, on pro saws I let em rip after assembly. Just want to be cautious with the clamshell. It would probably be alright, but what is 6-8 hrs if you've got 13-14 saws....if you're building it for somebody, tell em to stop by later...

It all depends. On clamshells I let it sit overnight, on pro saws I let em rip after assembly. Just want to be cautious with the clamshell. It would probably be alright, but what is 6-8 hrs if you've got 13-14 saws....if you're building it for somebody, tell em to stop by later...
I agree with that. Lots of different angles, rounds, and materials being bonded together.
On cases or as a base gasket, the material is often <.001” thick against 2 machined surfaces. It doesn’t take that long to firm up. Plus, it’s only holding 2-3 psi of case pressure

It does say 24hrs, your right. On the package that my tube of motoseal came in it stated 24hours. The actual tube itself doesn’t say anything as far as time but the package sure did.
Step 5.

Latest posts

Back