How many of you are running Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well let’s see
MS211,260,261,361,362,462 and 660
BR600, HT131,FS130
That’s all I can remember
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a Stihl 026, Husqvarna 350, Husqvarna 372. Am building Stihl 009's, 011, 012 and have a Stihl 015 coming.
Have just completed a build of a Stihl 024 so that makes a Stihl 024, 026, 350, 372, 009, 011, 012, 015.

Bought a new 260 about 20 years ago. Bought a new 462 last week. So I am up to 2 good saws plus a Lombard L-50 I inherited from a neighbor.

Then your more oblivious to the turning point of the destruction of our planet then most. No offense. The need came for a way to pass epa emissions without going to electric and the 500i was supposed to be stihls flagship into super low emission 2 strokes. The epa squashed it though.They were even playing with direct cylinder oil injection so no more mixing gas. But like everything important and possible of causing wide spread panic most everyone is kept in the dark about how dyer the situation really is so we end up a day late and a dollar short. The thing is the signs are being shoved down our throat this year, just look at all the new electric yard equipment, the bombard of electric vehicles and commercials all the sudden, all these solar conversion instinctive, nasal relaunching the space program and what California just passed a bill to do the signs are there we are just to busy to read them because last year was it for us to find a way to sustain our ozone and environment and we failed. There's nothing we can do to fix the damage done to our planet and no way to stop the cancer we have given it. We are lucky enough not to have to see what becomes of it but it saddens me that maybe my children or grandchildren will. Do just a little bit of research on the matter it will shock you. Did you know that overnight makita wiped there site clean of gas saws?
Go look at a lithium mine in the 3rd world and tell me how thats helping the planet.

Bought a new 260 about 20 years ago. Bought a new 462 last week. So I am up to 2 good saws plus a Lombard L-50 I inherited from a neighbor.
Wow nice bet that 462 was a night and day difference to your 260. I have a 460 I did some port work on and love it. There a perfect combo of light weight and power
I hope to pick up a 462 one day myself.

Go look at a lithium mine in the 3rd world and tell me how thats helping the planet.
Though we were talking about chainsaws not military weapons. I never said the attempts we have made were worth a damn. I'm not the engineer behind all there lithium ion battery powered junk. If I where I'd toss it and be looking at lithium polymer. Way more power potential 💪

Yup, 500i w/ a bark box. 25 inch sugi bar - the stihl lite bar doesn’t seem to oil as well and wobbled in the cut, I assume it has a little more flex than a regular bar. Doesn’t happen with the sugi.
Reading this thread but I don’t have a 500. Have a 400, and both Stihl light and sugi bars. Funny I noticed the same, Stihl moved around a lot at the end and widens out the cut while the Sugi is rock solid.

Wow nice bet that 462 was a night and day difference to your 260. I have a 460 I did some port work on and love it. There a perfect combo of light weight and power
I hope to pick up a 462 one day myself.
Ignorance was bliss. BIL showed me this site a couple months ago and I realized how inept as a man I was with only 1 50cc saw.
Was in our small town hardware store and saw the 462, didn't buy it but thought about it a lot. Within the week I went back and got it with a 32" and a 25". First cut I made was a 31" frozen dead pin oak log, I was grinning from ear to ear.
These are firewood and fence line saws with occasional helping the BIL with his tree care business. Cutting a lot of dead ash in my corner of the world

Then your more oblivious to the turning point of the destruction of our planet then most. No offense. The need came for a way to pass epa emissions without going to electric and the 500i was supposed to be stihls flagship into super low emission 2 strokes. The epa squashed it though.They were even playing with direct cylinder oil injection so no more mixing gas. But like everything important and possible of causing wide spread panic most everyone is kept in the dark about how dyer the situation really is so we end up a day late and a dollar short. The thing is the signs are being shoved down our throat this year, just look at all the new electric yard equipment, the bombard of electric vehicles and commercials all the sudden, all these solar conversion instinctive, nasal relaunching the space program and what California just passed a bill to do the signs are there we are just to busy to read them because last year was it for us to find a way to sustain our ozone and environment and we failed. There's nothing we can do to fix the damage done to our planet and no way to stop the cancer we have given it. We are lucky enough not to have to see what becomes of it but it saddens me that maybe my children or grandchildren will. Do just a little bit of research on the matter it will shock you. Did you know that overnight makita wiped there site clean of gas saws?
Please fix your spelling and grammar, Beyond that, I have read extensively on the whole AGW theory, and I must say, actual climate data do not support it. CO2 was over 5000 ppm, sometimes up to 15000 ppm in the carboniferous period, and the planet was only 1-2 degrees warmer than today. And humans did not cause that!. Today, we are around 400 ppm, which is below the long term planet average. And long term data shows that temperature change leads CO2 change, not the other way around. This has been observed base on millions of years of ice core data. In short, the warming and cooling cycles follow solar cycles, not CO2 cycles. And, today, only 0.28% of all greenhouse gasses can be traced to human activity. In short, human activity is a best only a very minor driver of climate change. BTW, we are in an interglacial period right now. We are lucky. Another ice age is inevitable, and that is far harder on humanity than global warming. But we won't be here to see it. And, BTW, CO2 makes the world greener. Trees in the USA are growing about 12% faster now than in the 1950s. So, I will happily use my Stihl MS500i on my tree farm and burn my 6 cords of wood per year. I will not debate this topic further, because it is admittedly off topic and I suspect it would get us nowhere.

it is enough to count how many times in the last 100 years the society was threatened about the impending cataclysm or the end of the world
Yea but now there is definitive proof based on years of data that show the threshold of damage done and when it would be to late and we just crossed the line.

I have a ported stihl 390. I let it sit for over a year, maybe a year and a half, because I was doing other stuff and had enough wood. It fired up yesterday, stone cold, frozen all winter at -20, in 10 pulls, I counted. I always count 'em. It ran like it was just set down.

I have not seen a fuel injected saw and actually thought it was some kind of joke when I first head about them. I like a simple carb. It's just reliable and I can fix it.

Yea but now there is definitive proof based on years of data that show the threshold of damage done and when it would be to late and we just crossed the line.
If you have a library near you there's a good old type documentary called (Climbing Ice Mountain) I got it for the Mountain climbing aspect but they took a glacialologist with them for research purposes. It was filmed around the 90s and its fairly eye opening to the environmental impact of human on the planet.
These subjects often require that we do some research work ourselves, if the recent events haven't indicated that already.

Who drew the line in the sand..........do you know?
General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés is one of many. There are decades of data thats bein collected by many scientists about to troubled future of our planet and most the government has bein able to keep quite with money and threats. Just do some digging especially on the dark side and you'll find a hand full of highly creditable people all suggesting the same hypothesis.

Back