How many splits......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wedge isn't 10" tall.

I was highly motivated to get out and get some splitting done... I think Ive got a bulging disc in my back... Lifting, getting off the tractor, standing up... Very excruciating. I had to give up after 1 trailer load.

Sorry, Lets let it ride for a bit so everyone that wants to play has the chance.
don't mess with the back Casey. thought i had the same thing. went for x-rays and found out i had a fractured vertebrae. it's very painful just like you describe. i didn't even lose my man card for breaking down and going to the doctor.:surprised3:

We have a winner.

This is the round deli sliced.....

7d8c4e9b00d71559298becb5ca238a8b.jpg

And then split....

6079ebc968eac04e3422378ea934126c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1/2:
1/2 split 1/2:
1/4 split 2x:
those two pieces: one split 2x, the other once = 20 splits

I don't split like that. Ill take a slice off one side, rotate the round 90 degrees and then slice it like a deli slicer. Then Ill split those to suit. I prefer squared off splits... They fit more consistently in the stove.

don't mess with the back Casey. thought i had the same thing. went for x-rays and found out i had a fractured vertebrae. it's very painful just like you describe. i didn't even lose my man card for breaking down and going to the doctor.:surprised3:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go. I took 3 ibuprofen and that's masking the majority of it... But up to this point Ive been avoiding masking the pain so I don't do more than I should.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go. I took 3 ibuprofen and that's masking the majority of it... But up to this point Ive been avoiding masking the pain so I don't do more than I should.
I can add to the game Monday. I have some 44" red oak. I will have to quarter or probably 1/8 it first.

Edit: noodled in 1/8

i try and only take stuff before i go to bed because i would do more than i should. best stuff i found was wal-mart arthritis pills. the strongest i could find @ 650 mg per pill. acetaminophen i think.

I've run out of pain meds and had to use 1000mg Motrins. At best they just take the edge off the pain.
They are working at putting some pain zapper in my back, sort of like that deal that Shack sells on TV but much fancier (gets installed inside me and I controll it with a remote). Just wanting on the VA to approve it.

The Dr suggested me to take an office job, but sitting around all day is killer to my back. I haven't flown to Maine in several years, the last time I almost needed to be wheelchaired out and my feet were swollen to where I could barely get my boots off (I guess from not moving)
Besides, if I can't do something I at least somewhat enjoy, what's the point in going on?

Woo Hoo!! Lucky guess for the holiday!

I tell you what Casey. If you had something in mind for the prize (cash, food, T shirt etc) I would be more excited if you donate it to someone in need or to someone who needs lifted-up this holiday season. There are a lot of people who struggle during the holidays with loneliness, grief etc and let's put this to better use in the spirit of giving and AS fellowship.

Good job with the splitting btw. That looked like a lot of fun!

WCA

Latest posts

Back