How much is a burnt 066 worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenstar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Guys, what should I pay a buddy for his 066 which one of his guys ran without two-cycle in the gas! Ooops!!

ANyway, I guess the saw was in great shape before it got burned out!

What will it cost me for a new piston and cylinder?

What is the tops one of you guys would pay for this saw??

(Also, I may have an in with a Stihl dealer price from a local guy who I talk to who said he may be able to do it just once. I did his trees for him so he owes me a favor. In that case I wonder of I should go aftermarket, OR just go factory STihl with his dealer price. I wonder how much this will cost me, and how much I can get my friend to send me this saw for!?)
Thank you for the advice guys..

ps. what do u all think of the new mudd loggers show! I still haven't seen it yet!
Good luck fellas. Stay safe!

Used runners seem to go from 300$$ to what ever one will pay so deduct the price of a p/c (check bailey's or the dealer) and labor from what you would pay if you want the saw and see what your friend will counter with .

Good Luck

:cheers:

But dancan, That doesn't really answer my question?

But, so you would use a Bailey's AFTERMARKET engine for it? I wonder how much..?

But dancan, That doesn't really answer my question?

But, so you would use a Bailey's AFTERMARKET engine for it? I wonder how much..?

There is no real set price , it's only worth the best offer someone will give you in a 24hr period if you need the cash .I was willing to pay 500.00$$ for a used runner but the seller offered it to me at 400.00$$ with 2 32" bars and a 28" bar and I still put a minimum of 150.00$$ into it with chains and a few parts .
If it was a dead saw I'd want to pay as little as possible like the 50.00$$ I paid for a straight gassed 394xp with a 33"bar and a new ripping chain but I would have paid more if I had to .
Large saws are few and farther apart so use your judgment and try to keep it in your pants when you come across one .
When it comes to parts , new OE , new after market ,NOS , or used are your options and again you will have to decide . It was built with used parts found here from members and a few new parts and had it built by a member here as a part of a deal (I think I got the better end of the deal so I have to find something to even out the score because I owe and can't say enough thanks) .
If the 066 blew up I would try to buy dealer or NOS parts because I try to keep that saw to make $$ , with the 394xp can make me $$ but I will play with it so used parts work for me .
So what's it worth ...... you decide it's your $$$ !

If you don't want it let me know cause it could be worth a couple of $$ to me or more depending on how much I neeeeed it !
Hope this did/didn't help .:)

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back