How often do you service the?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is more of a chance some thing will be screwed up by constant cleaning than not. Not very many people wear out a saw. I will bet that I am one of the few that can try to get through a 1000 cords of wood before retiring a saw. The mortality of a saw often depends on many other issues besides how clean it is. A couple of years ago I hid a pretty new saw in a wilderness area and have not been back since. I do not know if there is a chance it is still serviceable or not. I am hoping that I can get back to that area and check it out. I take a new saw with a bar and chain and run it until the chain is worn out then clean it thoroughly put a new chain on and repeat. It has been 10 years since I had a starter rope fray. It has been 20 years since I picked up a saw and ran the saw until the compression became so low it would not power a chain through some wood. I do have spare filters for all my saws and back up saws also. More often a problem arises with the carburetor from some debris arriving through the fuel. Cleaning a saw can cause debris to get trapped into the system. I however do not like dirty saws so when the chain is sharp there will be little to no dust on the saw. Thanks
Hey Ted--I have quite a few hid at different places also. Wilderness areas could hold a few of mine also.:drinkingcoffee: David

46 are you telling me you are short some saws thinking you would be back in a few days. Actually I have two saws that I want to see if they are dead or alive. When I was last working the area of hidden saws the days were a no restriction day then we went in to very very high restriction days making it very difficult to return with out severe repercussion. Thanks

Back