How thirsty is your saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldnt tell ya how much fuel my saws use, they cut, they use fuel and bar oil. Two gallons of gas lasts me quite a while, definitely not enough to really care about. Now, if you guys ride snowmobiles, you know bad gas mileage. I've got a Ski Doo REV 800, thats the toy that takes the cake, by far!

yup can't afford to run a new one anymore. I would spend 150.00 in gas in one day easily on my old indy. short winters high gas prices I might restore another Skidoo elan. I drag those out of peoples backyards and give em a bit of cash and in 2 weeks have a nice little machine 12hp rotax bulletproof and burns about 3.5 gallons a day.

One of my brothers has one of those big three person Yamaha water crafts. He says that thing sucks gas like no tomorrow, and so he doesn't use it much anymore. Darned if you do, but silly if you don't.

Did you put your fuel cap on?:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: My 660 made about that many cuts when I left the fuel cap off.:monkey:

How about twin 3120s on an 84 inch bar? Cutting a 56 inch diameter stick?

That's got to be thirsty!

(That's him, not me. I've never even seen two powerheads on the same bar in person.)

But a 3120 has 42 oz tank, 1.3 quarts. I can usually get 3 boards off of a 7 foot 16-20" log (cherry or walnut) with a tank. A bit farther than the 066 would go. I did some 34" walnut slabs, 12 or 14" long. They took about 2/3- 3/4 tank per slice.

Latest posts

Back