How to Sharpen a Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also cast my vote for the Dremel attachment. I have cut wood for forty years and never could master a file, even with a guide. The Dremel keeps it razor sharp and once familiar takes off no more metal than a file. I do miss, however, taking the chain off of the saw and paying someone else five bucks to do the same job. :)

I would also cast my vote for the Dremel attachment. I have cut wood for forty years and never could master a file, even with a guide. The Dremel keeps it razor sharp and once familiar takes off no more metal than a file. I do miss, however, taking the chain off of the saw and paying someone else five bucks to do the same job. :)

:cheers:
QFT! I think the Dremel and the Granberg are in the same league. Not sure if the Dremel attachment controls the amount removed from the teeth, but if it does, then it's probably a toss up. The tiny belt drive on the Granberg is its only Achilles heel, but they may have improved that. Eventually, the belts wear out and need replacing, so whenever I order new stones, I also order a new belt.

Latest posts

Back