Hows the firewood stack doing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I usually let the fire go out during the night, but with the extended cold front the stove has been raging for the 6th consecutive day. Lots and lots of wood being burned. I don't have any concern for wood. There is plenty of wood to take me to the end of Winter and into Spring. I am just shocked at how my current row is shrinking so fast.

Burning 50% more in these frigid temperatures. We should see warmer weather by the end of this coming week. We're paying for that nice weather we had earlier this winter.
-25F at the moment, the old Fisher stove eats a lot of wood but puts out a lot of heat, so the house is reasonably warm.

What brand of stove ?

Enviro Kodiak 1700
5d77c89f20106c0ed86bbfa8660f4c16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Federal Airtight 288 is doing very well. Firewood consumption is up 50% over last year. I should be able to get through March, regardless. I have some unsplit logs that are bone dry when the annual stock runs out. This is the worst winter we have seen in 40 years or more. They are talking -20 F tonight and a wind chill that should not be discussed. I must admit that shoveling this much snow and ice is no fun. Is this global warming? Sheeesh!

I am out of wood in the wood shed. This last cold snap ate up A LOT! I have some dry box elder at my dads I have been running over and cutting its dry but still doesn’t put out a lot of heat lol. We moved here late and I didn’t have enough time to scrounge wood to fill the whole shed. Got lots of wood for the next couple years cut up in logs ready for splitting and stacking.

It has been 25 to 35 below zero here for the last week.The birch is going threw The old Fisher Grampa bear stove like a chain smoker goes thru cigerettes.I have went threw 7 real cords of wood so far this year.Its a full time job running down stairs to feed the hungry monster.I have a stripped painted black 40 gallon propane water heater sitting beside my Fisher it is piped into the hot water of the house it is strictly heated by the wood stove so with this cold weather It is sitting around 140 f every day.Since I put the tank in two years ago I have never turned the fuel oil water heater on from Oct to April just finished having a free shower.
Kash

Kash, I thought it was cold here, but you have us beat seven ways to Sunday. I lowered all the blinds in the house, but that's like a fly trying to screw an elephant. The utilities are scheduling blackouts for the first time in history. This could be the worst winter weather in over 60 years. Now even the folks down south have a feeling for what we are going through. The TV weather channel is having a record high viewership.

Back