Hurricane Sandy pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess being a ranter instead of an owner is not so bad then. Still very hard for many people to grasp what you guys will indure over the next year plus. With winter around the corner this is really going to be tough on lots of people.

I moved into my in laws (they got power back yesterday) until the apartment can be repaired, I ripped out all the carpets and wet crap last night but now its on the landlord to get the insurance and rebuilding process on the road.

Good to hear you are ok. Good to hear the family is alright too. Hate to see all of the loss. Worst Ive seen to date was Katrina a few years back.

Everything sucks right now but i'm happy my family and i made it out alive.

Cut some firewood out of this tree, the mini and mexi mac work good:D
2e244g4.jpg

r90vmc.jpg

kckuw3.jpg

10ok9pv.jpg

2afbubq.jpg

2nusikm.jpg

25ouxps.jpg

Looks like you got yourself some nice firewood.
How did your homestead make out. Hope everything
is ok.

Lee

We got banged up pretty bad out here. I lost my place temporarily so im staying at my in laws.(which is where i cut the wood up) I cant complain though, people got hit way worse then me and im fortunate enough to have a roof over my head. Oh yeah, slight problem but we cant get gasoline anywhere.:mad:

Yup. We've only had power for a couple days now. Still getting the house back in order. Have 3 tree jobs to do this weekend. And it's blizzarding. This was taken at 5pm, when it had only been snowing for about an hour here: (notice the Halloween pumpkin flag) wtf?!?!
attachment.php

It's too dark now to get a picture, but we're probably at about a 5" depth.

Yup. We've only had power for a couple days now. Still getting the house back in order. Have 3 tree jobs to do this weekend. And it's blizzarding. This was taken at 5pm, when it had only been snowing for about an hour here: (notice the Halloween pumpkin flag) wtf?!?!
attachment.php

It's too dark now to get a picture, but we're probably at about a 5" depth.

Damn this is crazy. Keep forgetting you are on the island, hang in there man.

That stinks, I heard you all were in for some snow. Hope you guys stay warm and the power stays on.

That stinks, I heard you all were in for some snow. Hope you guys stay warm and the power stays on.

Thanks brother. We can't take any more power outages. Mentally draining. We decided as soon as the power drops again, we're buggin out pronto. To hell with the ship this time.......captain's leaving.

Damn this is crazy. Keep forgetting you are on the island, hang in there man.

Nah man, NW NJ.

How much is forcasted? Wind too?

They're calling for 8" total by 0700. It's shaping up to be right on par for that. We have sustained 25mph wind with gusts near 50 at time, I'd say from a hip shot. Good news is any weak limbs already came down last week! haha

Close enough mike! I guess we are due for a tornado next week at this rate!

Right? I was listening to WDHA on the way home from work earlier. DJ says......"well folks, most of us are still out of power from Sandy and we're expecting another mess tonight with a nor'easter. Any minute now, I'm expecting zombies to pop up"

Actually laughed out loud, in the car, by myself. Yup.

Right? I was listening to WDHA on the way home from work earlier. DJ says......"well folks, most of us are still out of power from Sandy and we're expecting another mess tonight with a nor'easter. Any minute now, I'm expecting zombies to pop up"

Actually laughed out loud, in the car, by myself. Yup.

Haha well ill get the .12 gauge ready if need be:D

Btw, the casualty numbers seem to have came to an halt at 113 killed + 1 missing in the US, and 185 + 22 total.....:msp_sad:

Most recent update. Just took this shot out the front door at 2300. About 5-6" on the grass. Inch or two on the street and walkway. We might be closer to a foot by the morning.
attachment.php

Ugh getting to work is going to be a chore tomorrow

Oh I'm sure. I don't even know how I'm gonna clean it up. My blown knee can't take pushing a shovel and it's gonna be too slushy for the snowblower. Crap.

Latest posts

Back