Huskee 35T Splitter Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysteryman896

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I Bought the splitter used about a year ago and noticed that the suction hose appears to be leaking. Well i stumbled upon a thread in search for a manual for the splitter, since it didnt come with one, mentioning a recall on the suction hose. Does anyone know, do i try and contact speeco to get them to send me a new hose? Is it even worth the hassle? The hose on it is a black one and i notice the new 35T at TSC are clear, but yet TSC doesnt sell any hose similar that i can just buy a section in the store. I am not sure on the year of the splitter but its a few years old. Other than the leak and not having a manual i love the purchase and for about the $900 i paid i say it was a deal. Tonight i want to try and find a year on it so that will help in my search for a manual (although i doubt they changed much).

thanks for the help.

View attachment 212545

I Bought the splitter used about a year ago and noticed that the suction hose appears to be leaking. Well i stumbled upon a thread in search for a manual for the splitter, since it didnt come with one, mentioning a recall on the suction hose. Does anyone know, do i try and contact speeco to get them to send me a new hose? Is it even worth the hassle? The hose on it is a black one and i notice the new 35T at TSC are clear, but yet TSC doesnt sell any hose similar that i can just buy a section in the store. I am not sure on the year of the splitter but its a few years old. Other than the leak and not having a manual i love the purchase and for about the $900 i paid i say it was a deal. Tonight i want to try and find a year on it so that will help in my search for a manual (although i doubt they changed much).

thanks for the help.

View attachment 212545

Yeah, I would give em a call. A recall is a recall, but in this case I wouldnt really call it a recall since it really doesnt involve a safety issue but more of a customer service issue. Speeco was giving new hoses to folks who experienced premature failure of the suction hose simply because they are a customer orientated company and they stand behind their products. Biggest reason for me when I wanted a new splitter I dropped the cash on a new 35ton speeco myself.

Thanks Avalancher, I assumed the same thing but I wanted to make sure Speeco was the correct people to contact. I will give them a call tomorrow when I have a better idea on the year manufactured in hopes that I can score a manual out of them too. Very simple design so having a manual isn't imperative but sure doesn't hurt either.

Weeping Hose

There was an earlier thread about this hose about a year or so ago. It seems Speeco received a shipment of hose which appeared the same as what was supposed to be hydraulic hose.

This hose caused weeping of the fluid which looked like dew drops all over the hose if the splitter sat for a few days without any use. Mine was doing this too.

Speeco found out they had received heater hose instead of hydraulic hose. This problem was mentioned in one of the threads. Some of us contacted Speeco and were sent the correct hose. I got mine replaced in just a few days.

Nosmo

Here's a discussion with my pictures: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/154149.htm

I was told that SpeeCo/Huskee mistakenly had been using the wrong hose on some splitters for a short time. My splitter was sold with a Thermoid Mainliner (pneumatic hose), yet the proper hose was a Thermoid Versicon (proper for hydraulic fluids and oils). SpeeCo sent the proper hose when I told them about it.

Another option is to order a the same length 300 psi, 3/4" return hose that's rated for conveying hydraulic fluid (and similar oils). You can buy these online with proper hydraulic fittings on the ends. I did.

Note that I wrote "return" hose. If you need a new pressure hose, it needs to have a higher psi rating.

Kevin Greer is a Speeco rep, and he hangs out here once in awhile. His email address is [email protected], you can call him at 800-525-8322 ext. 1147, and his AS username is
kgreer. Here is his profile, send him a PM or an email and I am sure he can help you out

http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=29444

thanks, I will hit him up today.

Another option is to order a the same length 300 psi, 3/4" return hose that's rated for conveying hydraulic fluid (and similar oils). You can buy these online with proper hydraulic fittings on the ends. I did.

Note that I wrote "return" hose. If you need a new pressure hose, it needs to have a higher psi rating.

I have thought about this and was going to go that route if i had to buy a new hose. If it still wants to leak with the replacement hose I will definitely go with crimped fittings. thanks

Latest posts

Back