Husky 262 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much !

So theres a HDA and 120 cast in the frame. If its this easy, tomorrow i am diving in to pile of junk carbs to find one :msp_w00t:

Cheers.

It seemed the 262xp's used to be talked about a lot more on this forum a year or so back but not so much now.

I've got a couple of 242's which are super reliable and really light weight - I use them most for the size wood I cut.

Also got a nice '96 262 - also super reliable and makes the 242's seem like toys - but at a weight penalty.

I haven't weighed them but the 372 seems a step up again in weight - but also power.

I guess no free lunch - if you want the power you've got to carry the weight so you makes your choice.

I tried to investigate, could i get a 372 or bigger Huskie but the answer was pretty tight NOT. The big ones arent imported officially to Finland, and usually we use saws from 40 to 55 cm3 size. Its sad, but only way i could get a BIG saw, would be buying from some overseas private person or company.

Anyways, my 242XP project is merely a way to kill time, as are my other saw projects. I dont cut down trees by profession although i have some 23 hectares of pine forest and i occasionally carve things with saws, and do firewood. But modifying stuff, from motorcycles to 4x4´s and everything in between is what i love to do.

The 262xp carb thingy is to find out will the biger venturi hop up more power out of the 242xp or not. I think it is not way oversized so i might get one tuned for the smaller engine.

I have pictures of the HDA 87 that my 1992 262XP has on it in my rebuild thread in my signature. People also talk about the benefit of having an 87 over the 120. I'll be rebuilding that HDA 87 in a few days when I start reassembling that saw. They're awesome runners. I think you hear less and less about them because they're slowly disappearing. People still pay good money for these 262s.

I have pictures of the HDA 87 that my 1992 262XP has on it in my rebuild thread in my signature. People also talk about the benefit of having an 87 over the 120. I'll be rebuilding that HDA 87 in a few days when I start reassembling that saw. They're awesome runners. I think you hear less and less about them because they're slowly disappearing. People still pay good money for these 262s.

In our country, 242 and its XP version are very respected and legendary saws, and you get easily good price for nasty looking but running saw, no matter the age. But yes, i sure could play a little with 262XP as well, but reality is that first i have to get this small saw running and then concentrate on other saws.

Am i wrong if i think that the HDA 87 would be better to be fitted in 242, as its still bigger carb that saws original carb is, but smaller that HDA 120 that might be too big or complicated to get tuned for smaller engine.

Latest posts

Back