Husky 334T vs. 338XPT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADDOG_359

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just bought a new 359 and love it. now wanting to buy a small limbing saw and dont know which one of these is the better bang for the buck also if either one holds a candle to the stihl 200T. i have used a 200T and it was a dream but never one of the small huskys.:dizzy:

Stick with the 200T. It may be more money but it has way better power and is very balanced. Especially if you put one of those light bars on it.

I'm torn between getting a 335/338/200T. Bying solely on price the 338 is the cheapest however is it worth the extra $-225-300 for the 200T (that in the UK). Personly i've hurd that the 335 is a bit naff has a few engine problems but people here don't seemed to have suffered that. Or have consigned it to a wheel chock and use a 200T.I think the 338 is a better shape and has a nicer balance, and better attachment point.

Remember that its a saw desinged for use in the air not on the ground! The 339 and ms200 are the rear handeled equivlents.

Mr_Brushcutter said:
.... Remember that its a saw desinged for use in the air not on the ground! The 339 and ms200 are the rear handeled equivlents.
Very good point, top handle saws are a liability for ground use.

The 339xp isn't available in the US as far as I know - the 336 is the rear handle version of the 334T.

Back