Husky 346 46cc VS NE 346 50cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kgb007stb

kgb007stb

ArboristSite Lurker
I’ve use the same exact starting procedure on all my saws without any problems, Yes, if you pull the engine after it blubbers with the choke pulled, that will flood the engine and you will have to most likely take out the spark. I’ve tried to play with starting procedures over the years, but this one seems to work best with all of my saws.

What’s the problem with the Husky dec valve? I use mine on the 55, it makes staring much easier, has not failed yet. Are they prone to leaking or breaking?

Macguy

Macguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Starting a 346XP

I’ve use the same exact starting procedure on all my saws without any problems, Yes, if you pull the engine after it blubbers with the choke pulled, that will flood the engine and you will have to most likely take out the spark. I’ve tried to play with starting procedures over the years, but this one seems to work best with all of my saws.

What’s the problem with the Husky dec valve? I use mine on the 55, it makes staring much easier, has not failed yet. Are they prone to leaking or breaking?

Ok, Thanks for all of the suggestions on starting this saw. I now have it down and the saw starts fine. I do use the decompression valve when starting and only use the choke on the first pull. Thanks everlyone for the response.

Jack

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Everyone to his own, but imo, don't touch the decomp at all - pretend like it isn't there....

Messed up the post - corrected some mistakes in the quote.........:taped: :censored:

None really, except that the saws starting behavior always are more predictable when you don't use it - nothing to do with brands.......

Last edited:

Latest posts