husky 350/346xp project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most important thing is making em last.......

So, how's it run?

Wont be running for a week or so, I am heading away for work. Should have all the parts to reassemble when I get home.

Hopefully it runs well.

Just off of the numbers where would you guess the rpm load/no load?

Anything special I should do for break in? I oiled the bearings and cleaned the jug before I installed it.

Going to run 32:1 lucas 90e-free.

Wont be running for a week or so, I am heading away for work. Should have all the parts to reassemble when I get home.

Hopefully it runs well.

Just off of the numbers where would you guess the rpm load/no load?

Anything special I should do for break in? I oiled the bearings and cleaned the jug before I installed it.

Going to run 32:1 lucas 90e-free.
i usually slop the oil on heavy during reassembly add a cap full of oil for the first 5 tanks it isn't necessary but i do it for added protection. run it half load through out the first few tanks
don't go blazing through the wood with it.

Looks good. Did you do any work to the upper transfers? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

i usually slop the oil on heavy during reassembly add a cap full of oil for the first 5 tanks it isn't necessary but i do it for added protection. run it half load through out the first few tanks
don't go blazing through the wood with it.
Really?

I've heard just the opposite.

I thought maybe a little more oil, but after letting it warm at idle, run it "like you stole it" to seat the rings.

Any idea on how much a cut that was in inches therefore number of degrees (roughly) per every 10 thou?

I want to say it was around .060-.070. It was a good chunk but I never measured it. Sorry.

I try to keep notes for example on the 372's its around .018 per degree on the intake... of course it changes somewhat at different points in the rotation..
SO 123-119=4 degree change and .060/4= .015 .070/4= .0175 similar ball park. Makes it easier to rough one in.. :)

I try to keep notes for example on the 372's its around .018 per degree on the intake... of course it changes somewhat at different points in the rotation..
SO 123-119=4 degree change and .060/4= .015 .070/4= .0175 similar ball park. Makes it easier to rough one in.. :)

I started out taking notes on every measurement, by the time I was done the page looked like a where's Waldo book.

I measured the degrees I wanted with a ring in the bore, then measured from the ring to the squish. Made an index card that height to grind the exhaust, and transfers to.

46063bb7ddcd2b48a65fb11229691935.jpg
I love me some tree fiddys!
Keep up the good work! My only suggestion is that on my rebuilds I helicoil the base on both sides, 1/4-28 on base and 10-24 on the jug. I have seen the self tappers strip out on the top and bottom.

46063bb7ddcd2b48a65fb11229691935.jpg
I love me some tree fiddys!
Keep up the good work! My only suggestion is that on my rebuilds I helicoil the base on both sides, 1/4-28 on base and 10-24 on the jug. I have seen the self tappers strip out on the top and bottom.

Thank you

I did tap the top jug bolts for 6mm bolts, I didn't have a 1/4" socket head on hand to see if it would fit in the counterbore on the case.

Finally got all of my parts gathered,

Pressure tested the saw before I left, It failed. Had a leak between the jug and the riser, Going to tear it back down and reseal everything in the am. This time I will install the carb boot/clamp.

wish me luck

Back