husky 350/346xp project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know.. you seem to be doing just fine, maybe some of the advisors should watch how you are doing things? Great thread.

(To whom ever it may concern... The one I built with 40 degrees base compression was a gas hog BTW.. 42 ran almost as well and wasn't :) )
Thank you.

I have skimmed through your 350 test threads, very nice. I need to take a more detailed look.

what is this "base compression"?

With the skills you have demonstrated, cutting .050" off the stock 350 bolts that came with your saw shouldn't be an issue. AND they will match up with the bearing cap they came from. Yup. Another wrinkle.

I didnt have any stock bolts, got the saw missing a few parts. So I just went the next size bigger, and redily avalible. And $1 for all 4 bolts

what is this "base compression"?

A typo.. :)

Did a 346 first addition to 350 blend in a video. Covered things like those cylinder screws. No machine work. a "Farmer Jones " Build or one that can be accomplished with simple hand tools. Yours should be quite a bit more saw than that one. Although it ran OK. Didn't quite match my "twisted 350" builds.

A typo.. :)

Did a 346 first addition to 350 blend in a video. Covered things like those cylinder screws. No machine work. a "Farmer Jones " Build or one that can be accomplished with simple hand tools. Yours should be quite a bit more saw than that one. Although it ran OK. Didn't quite match my "twisted 350" builds.

Just watched the vid you made, Nice job explaining things. Looked like you were running 16" bar's I am planning to run a 18" .325 on this one. Very curious to see how it runs compared to my ms261c.

Just watched the vid you made, Nice job explaining things. Looked like you were running 16" bar's I am planning to run a 18" .325 on this one. Very curious to see how it runs compared to my ms261c.

I've run both. An 18 is not an issue. The first 350 build comparison video of simple builds was in fact an 18inch bar. Those saws were cutting that 18-20inch hard maple.. typically in the 20 second range. I think you will be pleasantly surprised BTW. But my bet is the MS261 is going to last a bit longer.. :)

All right take it easy now, Never used these tools before.

Exhaust,

Intake

Upper transfers

Riser block, Had to grind an impulse passage. Top side is smoothed, and contoured

Finished riser, and transfer tunnels

assembled, hopefully it is sealed up. LOL

First attempt at porting.

I need a better assortment of abrasives to finish smoothing this out on the next one.

Intake 79
Exhaust 105
Transfer 119
squish .019

Still need a few parts to finish it up, But I am heading out for work tomorrow. Hopefully I can it all finished soon.

Thoughts?

I am looking for the heat shield, that goes between the jug and muffler. If anybody has one Please let me know.

Also Is the black coil for this saw limited or unlimited?

Be sure you use a small round stone to break the edge and put a little bevel around the ports. Your work is looking very nice.

Be sure you use a small round stone to break the edge and put a little bevel around the ports. Your work is looking very nice.

Thank you sir,

I did bevel all of the ports, but didn't snap a pic before I installed the jug.

Back