husky 350 vs ms 290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said!

Q- Im thinking about quiting chewing, what should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- My tractor is missing under load on hot days, What should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- We are in a terrible dry spell and bugs are eating my crops, Should I pay for PEST spraying and bye an irrigation system?

AS A- NO YOU IDIOT, GET A 361

And of course we know what to do if you should become impotent, Get a 361:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

RAH, RAH, RAH 361......GOOOOOOOOOO STIHL:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Oh yeah, this thread is about the 350/290.
I've never ran a 290, but I bought a 350 to carry on the skidder. So far I haven't killed it yet.
We loose about 30% power at 9000' so I don't run much under 70cc's.

Andy

don.t have a 350 .got a 51 think there similair. was bought new in 97 . here are things haven.t done since new cleaned the air filter change spark plug adjust carb tighten blots or screws.things I have done put in gas an oil new chains carb kit starter rope .forgot broken brake handle run over by truck dumb a-- move was,nt thinking got lazy never leave a saw around the truck .never had a 290. think I would go with the 350.

don.t have a 350 .got a 51 think there similair. was bought new in 97 . here are things haven.t done since new cleaned the air filter change spark plug adjust carb tighten blots or screws.things I have done put in gas an oil new chains carb kit starter rope .forgot broken brake handle run over by truck dumb a-- move was,nt thinking got lazy never leave a saw around the truck .never had a 290. think I would go with the 350.

You really should clean that air filter.

Andy

350 is smoother, lighter by a good 2 pounds, and uses less fuel. 290 will have more torque for big wood, but not that much more.

I like the 350, hate the 290. If you have a 361, there is no reason to EVER, EVER pick up the 290. The 361 has more power, is lighter, smoother, and better looking than the 290.

If you just want a saw for the Groundies to stick in the dirt, the 290 will be perfect:cheers:

Very good post! :givebeer: :givebeer:

husky 350 vs ms 290

Cutting firewood 18" dia. hardwood, Just curious which you would prefer and why? Thanks

Neither for 18" hardwood - but how much of the wood actually is 18"????

I would prefere a 70cc saw with 20" bar if most of it is......

Last edited:
If you boys can't cut 18" hardwood with a MS290, something is wrong.

And, the 290 and 350 are not in the same class. A MS270/280 will be the comparable saw, for size and price. If you are cutting up to 18" wood, go with the 290, it's not their best seller for nothing.

Last edited:
I've had both saws. Enjoyed the 350 much more while cutting all day.

Sure it can, but I don't think it is the sweetspot for that saw, and even less so for the 350..........:)

I didn't know that you needed a saw for every sweetspot!!

What schould I get for:

1. < 5 inch Softwood
2. < 10 inch Softwood
3. < 20 inch Softwood
4. < 40 inch Softwood
5. larger Softwood

6. < 5 inch Hardwood
7. < 10 inch Hardwood
8. < 20 inch Hardwood
9. < 40 inch Hardwood
10. larger Hardwood

are we being a little bit ridiculous here?

NO OFFENSE SAW TROLL I RESPECT YOU HIGHLY BUT I BELIEVE THIS SITE IS LOSING THE CREDIBILITY THAT IT DESERVES!!

7sleeper

My dad is retired from tree removal/excavation , he is 78 and we bought him a 350 for his birthday last year and he loves it and runs it like he's 18. For the money you cant beat it.

+1 My dad is 65 that's what he runs. Perfect sized saw for someone that can't haul around the weight that they once could.

I've had both saws. Enjoyed the 350 much more while cutting all day.

Comparing the MS290 with the Husky 350 is like comparing apples and oranges. Those two saws are not in the same class. It's truely not a fair comparison.

If you were to ask: Husky 350 vs. Stihl MS250? I would tell you Husky 350. Nearly same specs, but the 350 runs so much better with the stock set up. The 350 already comes with the narrow kerf chain. The 025/MS250 does so much better with the same .325 NK set up, but it is really no longer available.

If you were to ask: Stihl MS290 vs. the Husky 455 Rancher? I would tell you the MS290. Track record speaks for itself. As someone said, Stihl's #1 seller, I believe.

The real question at hand:

How big is the wood, really? Any chainsaw with a 16" bar can realistically cut a 28" diameter log.

And, what would you rather cut with all day? A 10 1/2 pound saw or a 13 lb saw?

Well said!

Q- Im thinking about quiting chewing, what should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- My tractor is missing under load on hot days, What should I do.

AS A- GET A 361

Q- We are in a terrible dry spell and bugs are eating my crops, Should I pay for PEST spraying and bye an irrigation system?

AS A- NO YOU IDIOT, GET A 361

And of course we know what to do if you should become impotent, Get a 361:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Now THAT's a funny post, RB. The only one you missed . . .

Q -- I think my wife is in love with another man. What should I do?
A -- Get a 361. Your wife will still probably leave you, but by God that chainsaw will be there forever for you!

A -- Get a 361. Your wife will still probably leave you, but by God that chainsaw will be there forever for you!

LOL. Thanks for the new sig.

Last edited:

Sorry man but the truth is she will be eligible to half of the 361 and belive me she will want that half!!

:cry:

:)

7sleeper

Latest posts

Back