husky 359 or jonsered 2156

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just found a good deal on a used husky 359 it was bought last year
(only one seasons use) the man has passed away and the dealer is selling for his widow. atleast that is the story he is telling me.

he wants 500$ cdn. cash with no taxes to pay. our taxes are high 15% so it makes a big difference.

the problem is that I can get a brand new 2156 for 710 taxes included

and I really like the look of the jonsered a lot better but from a performance view is it worth the 210$ more if I'm planning on modding the muffler on both saws

thanks
James

did you try for a little less on the 359?500 sounds like a good price if it was just a home owner saw.i have a 2159 and really like it,also i have heard good things about the 2156.decisions,decisions!lol

I think i would go with 2156 if you cut wood for living,because the engine is snappier,faster revver and quite strong,reliable too.But if you use it only to cut few times a year,then i would go with 2159 to save few bucks,the 2159 is a good performer .

The 359 is a great saw. Don't listen to that home owner model BS. They are every bit pro quality. I think my 359's were the most responsive to woods port mods of any of my saws. I also have a 2156. It is also a great saw. The 2156 is the same as the 357 xp Husky. Go with what feels better to you. Both saws are an excellent choice.

I will agree on the 359 being an exceptional Pro quality saw. I don't own one, a friend of mine does. I have used it quite a bit over the last 2 years. Very smooth saw. I don't know about the Johnny, but from what I've read about them here, they are good saws as well. You have a tough choice ahead of you.

Good luck.

Gary

Hired Gun said:
The 359 is a great saw. Don't listen to that home owner model BS. They are every bit pro quality. I think my 359's were the most responsive to woods port mods of any of my saws. I also have a 2156. It is also a great saw. The 2156 is the same as the 357 xp Husky. Go with what feels better to you. Both saws are an excellent choice.

That about sums it up.

If you bought a new saw 2159/2156, it is a little more money but you would have a new saw and more importantly a new saw warranty. if they want that much for a used 2159 how much is a new one? either saw is terrific.

Buck

The 2156 is by far the better choice here.

One of the reasons that the 2159/359 have such a good reputation for responding to mods is that they are so in need of them out of the box. Modding will indeed close the gap, but the 2156 doesn't really need mods.

Hired Gun said:

manual said:
That about sums it up.

Ditto...........says it all!!!

Was at a jred dealer today.Fall blow out sale for a 2156 jred 16" bar reg priece around 875.00 canadian on sale 795.00.Buy the 2156,and mod the muffler.I beilve this one had the cat muffler on it.Bight shiney muffler not back in colour. Later Donnyman.

a new 359 is 689 plus tax and a 357xp is 750 plus tax

a new 2156 is 625 plus tax and a new 2159 is 650 plus tax

if I could just get my 025 to oil the bar consistently I would use it for now and put off the purchase of a new saw for a while

I can<t get over the price difference between areas.

I think I would go for the 2156 because I love the color and it is the cheapest of the bunch .

I am really sceptical of buying a used saw. If I were to put 500 on a used saw The dealer would have to atleast pull the muffler with me beside him so I could get a good look at the piston and cylinder.

I think I will wait and see how my 025 works out

thanks
James

Looks like your Jonsered Dealer has the prices backwards. works to your advantage.
hope you get you 025 working right.

Latest posts

Back