Husky 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swift4me

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a Husky 36 that is running, but well used for almost nothing.. 50 euros or about $80. The size ids right for me, but is it a good project for my first rebuild of a pro saw?

Pete

Hard to tell you if that's a good deal or not, since I don't know what the market's like over there. However, I don't believe the 36 is considered a pro saw. It might still be a fun project, but perhaps not as user-friendly for repair as pro saws are reputed to be.

Thanks

If it isn't a "pro" saw in terms of re-building and tuning, I'll pass and look for something else.

Thanks,

Pete

It's definitely NOT a pro saw, but many like them very well. I've cut a lot of wood with its big brother, the 41 and, for what it is (basically an orange Poulan 295), it was great.

Skip it if you're looking to get any AS respect, though.

I'd be more than happy to have a 36 in my arsenal, understanding that it's likely a US-made rebadged Poulan.

It's definitely NOT a pro saw, but many like them very well. I've cut a lot of wood with its big brother, the 41 and, for what it is (basically an orange Poulan 295), it was great.

Skip it if you're looking to get any AS respect, though.

I'd be more than happy to have a 36 in my arsenal, understanding that it's likely a US-made rebadged Poulan.

Assabled by Poulan, yes - but not a rebadged Poulan. Some of the more important parts were made in Sweden.

It was the cheapest Husky in its time, and surely a "homeowner" one.

Last edited:
The 36 is/was a very good quality saw. Like SawTroll said assembled by Poulan. I have one and I really like it. Light weight, handles nice, pretty good power for its size, and stone cold reliable. Never has let me down. I've worked it very hard for the 12 years I've owned it. Don't be afraid of it.
Scott

The 36 and 41 seem to be very good homeowner/consumer saws, very reliable and fast cutting for limited useage. The one constant problem with them around this area is the muffler will burn through and melt the left and bottom plastic cases just ahead of the flywheel. If the muffler starts to get loud get a replacement quick as I have seen some serious damage done to the case and oil tank.
Pioneerguy600

Assabled by Poulan, yes - but not a rebadged Poulan. Some of the more important parts were made in Sweden.

It was the cheapest Husky in its time, and surely a "homeowner" one.

Thanks for the clarification!

Ma

Latest posts

Back