Husky 365 Opinions Please!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same chassis on the two saws so they should fit I think ,,, but could be wrong :p

As far as I know, the original cases are a bit different (beefier on the 372xp), but the replacements in the IPLs are the 372 ones for both to simplify logistics....:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
There is a stiffer suspension for the 372, must fit your 365 hybrid as well !?

I thought all the US saws had the stiffer springs. Read something somewhere about germany or somebody over there had to have the soft springs to allow them to be sold due to vibes, or something along those lines.

As far as I know, the original cases are a bit different (beefier on the 372xp), but the replacements in the IPLs are the 372 ones for both to simplify logistics....:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :greenchainsaw:

not true, my 99 model 365 has the same case #'s as my 05 372

Why would they build tooling for two identical case halves? Doesn't make for a good business standpoint.

Troll, why do you always bash the 365? Have you ever ran one? With your small wood over there, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in wood under 20" They also have a wider torque band (less peaky), as long as it is the closed port version of the 365. The open port cylinder is the one that run at lower rpm and had less grunt.

To Axenot, the 365 is a great saw, same setup as you 372 with a differant air filter and top cover. I ran a pair of them for 8 years with 18" and 20" bars in hardwoods and they are fantastic. I had a 28" on it a few times for some larger trees and was actually impressed at how well it cut them. I would think a 24 would be great, but the 15-20" bars would be the best bet for 90% of the time.

Steve - How does like a 266 or 268 compare with a 365? I haven't owned too many huskies, but I've owned a couple of 266's and 268's and I thought they were real nice saws.

I have run the 365 Special and its a good saw, it has a lot of balls (torque) for a 65cc saw. It was also a lot smoother than my 970, but about 6 years newer also.

I've run a 24'' on my 2065, and when run side by side with my 575, there is a noticable differance. That being said, it is a kick butt saw.

What really shows the mark-up on a 2171 is this. You can get a 2165 for $509 on the net. That same seller has the 2171 for $629 with the same bar and chain. Do you really think it cost $120 more to build a 2171.

For the money, I think the 65cc Swedish saws are awesome deals. Just goes to show, bigger sells better.

not true, my 99 model 365 has the same case #'s as my 05 372

Why would they build tooling for two identical case halves? Doesn't make for a good business standpoint.

Troll, why do you always bash the 365? Have you ever ran one? With your small wood over there, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in wood under 20" They also have a wider torque band (less peaky), as long as it is the closed port version of the 365. The open port cylinder is the one that run at lower rpm and had less grunt.

To Axenot, the 365 is a great saw, same setup as you 372 with a differant air filter and top cover. I ran a pair of them for 8 years with 18" and 20" bars in hardwoods and they are fantastic. I had a 28" on it a few times for some larger trees and was actually impressed at how well it cut them. I would think a 24 would be great, but the 15-20" bars would be the best bet for 90% of the time.

Do you have another theory why the 372xp is halv a pound heavier than the 365 (both low top)?

..and remember that replacement parts (listed in IPLs) aren't allways the same as the original ones - due to rationalisation of the logistics....

Last edited:
Do you have another theory why the 372xp is halv a pound heavier than the 365 (both low top)?

..and remember that replacement parts (listed in IPLs) aren't allways the same as the original ones - due to rationalisation of the logistics....

I'll ask you again. Have you had them side by side? Have you ran a 365?

They are not a half pound difference, even with the heavier air filter, and heavier plastic air filter cover on the 372.

There is not a 1/2 pound difference between them. maybe 1/100 of a pound.

Steve - How does like a 266 or 268 compare with a 365? I haven't owned too many huskies, but I've owned a couple of 266's and 268's and I thought they were real nice saws.

never compared them side by side, but the 268xp I had reminded me of the stihl 044 046 kind of torque, where as the 365 has less torque, but makes more power, if that makes any sense.

I think the 365 is lighter if my memory serves me correctly. Much better antivibe on the 365 than the 2 series. Better air filtration on the 362, 365, 372 series.

the 268xp (haven't run a 266, so can't say) would probably take the 365 in larger wood, but the 365 would take the 268 in smaller wood.

This is just going off of how the saws felt with me running them, never compared them side by side, or with scales, or paper specs. Just real world running

never compared them side by side, but the 268xp I had reminded me of the stihl 044 046 kind of torque, where as the 365 has less torque, but makes more power, if that makes any sense.

I think the 365 is lighter if my memory serves me correctly. Much better antivibe on the 365 than the 2 series. Better air filtration on the 362, 365, 372 series.

the 268xp (haven't run a 266, so can't say) would probably take the 365 in larger wood, but the 365 would take the 268 in smaller wood.

This is just going off of how the saws felt with me running them, never compared them side by side, or with scales, or paper specs. Just real world running

Ohh ok thanks a lot for your insight that was helpful. I much prefer real experiences vs the paper specs anyhow. I picked up a couple of 61 project saws about a year ago and planned on converting one of them to a 268. I have all of the parts, but I haven't gotten too far on the project. I always seem to get distracted on other saw projects ;).

Latest posts

Back