Husky 365: The confusion continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thread Spike, sorry I missed it first time around. I will say that I have yet to see an open port 365 from the states..

My original pair were two purchased in the beginning of 2000. One was a late 99 model and the other was a 2000. The 99 was a special. The 2000 was a regular 365. Both of them had the Zama carb with closed port cylinders. The special had the semi transparent tank and side adjuster, whereas the regular has the inboard adjuster and opaque tank. When the two saws were purchased, the dealer claimed the specail had more power, but we never noticed a difference in them. After tearing them down years later, there were no internal differences. Both had the 372 stlye intake boot. FWIW, I have never seen a 365 older than 99, so I don't know about the older ones.

In other findings with other Husky saws, The husky EPA saws seem to have the closed port cylinders. I recently found a couple 55's that were closed port and after checking to IPL's came to this conclusion.

As for all the 365 open ports north of the border, that may explain it somewhat as they didn't require the EPA models. Same goes with the 372 pistons that are single rings, the EPA versions have two, and yet you can still get the single ring non epa piston up in Canada the last I checked.

Well, the tank doesn't look very transparant on my 372 either, haven't been able to see trough it so far - and I have seen several others report the same thing......
I regard it as a gimmick, that doesn't actually work .......;)

The old one that I had a -01 had working transparent gastank, but on my new -06 it's just plain orange no way I can see through it !!!

So what should i look after in the 365 "special" after this confusing carb, zylinder discussion??
What can i claim from dealer regarding getting the 365 with the strongest carb, zylinder (if available here in Norge ,that is)??
I dont want any EPA as this educe the 365 's potential, am i right???

Can someone clear this up, i got an idea on how to press the dealer to get the 365 with descent zylinder and carb, to get to the realworld performance it has to offer. Can i claim this when buying?
If this is the case, whats the nr. on the carb and zylinder to get me the strongest possible 365, this could be used as an argument when buying i think?

So what should i look after in the 365 "special" after this confusing carb, zylinder discussion??
What can i claim from dealer regarding getting the 365 with the strongest carb, zylinder (if available here in Norge ,that is)??

Can someone clear this up, i got an idea on how to press the dealer to get the 365 with descent zylinder and carb, to get to the realworld performance it has to offer. Can i claim this when buying?
If this is the case, whats the nr. on the carb and zylinder to get me the strongest possible 365, this could be used as an argument when buying i think?

The EPA version (cylinder only) makes the most KW/HP and revs a littler higher than the non epa. They put the good carbs on after 2000 models so as long as it is newer, you should have the good stuff in it. Again I don't know the open port cylinder and it's availablity over there, but the epa model which sounds confusing runs more in line with the 372 than the older non epa models.

The old one that I had a -01 had working transparent gastank, but on my new -06 it's just plain orange no way I can see through it !!!

That fits with some other statements that I have read! :)

I believe that they still have the single-ring piston here, but I am not sure.

Last edited:

That would probably be EPA cylinder, single-ring piston and Walbro carb.

I hardly believe they are willing to mix and match parts like that - just get a 372xp instead - problem solved......:greenchainsaw:

...or get the MS361, and save some weight and money......

Last edited:
That would probably be EPA cylinder, single-ring piston and Walbro carb.

I hardly believe they are willing to mix and match parts like that - just get a 372xp instead - problem solved......:greenchainsaw:

...or get the MS361, and save some weight and money......

All of the 365's I have seen have all been single ring models......even the EPA friendly ones...

I don't know about the brand new ones though. The newest one I had had my hands into was an 05 model

I thought I made a good deal on a 371XP recently; a good runner but a bit low on compression. So I decided to throw a new set of rings on it.
The confusion started when I noticed a Zama Carb, 48 mm piston and open port cylinder.....wtf.
So after some research on this noble site, this saw must have known a complete swap of the top-end from a 365 in a previous lifetime.
From the reviews, it's still a nice saw so I'll throw a new ring on it, and keep it stock.
Very confusing indeed.

Attachments

• open port (Medium).JPG
    open port (Medium).JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back