Husky 365 V.S. 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am contemplating on buying a new saw to replace my 257. I see that baileys has a deal on a 365 for cheap and then they have a 570 for like $20 more.Which would be the best saw to get? I want to be able to pull a 20"
AND 24" bar with some balls!!! I think I have graduated to the next level of saws.

I would get the Husky 365. If you ever decide you want a bigger saw, you can just bolt in a 372xp piston/cylinder or a 375K piston/cylinder and your good to go. Sell the old parts on ebay or something.

-Nick

Hack said:
Are you pretty much set on Husky?

Have you considered a Dolmar 6400?

Can't find a place to buy them locally. Not sure if i trust ebay for a brand new saw (warranty issues) I figured if I "order" a saw it's comin' from bailey's, they have always done me good, and they are a sponser of this site.
But yeah I like dolmar they're ?????in'.

Agreed, Dolmar has a really lousy dealer network. If a person thinks it's tough just locate a dealer. Just imagine what it's going to be like if you have a parts issue, or have a warranty issue. I would stick to Baileys, Madsens, or your local husky/stihl dealer.

-Nick

Well you gotta go with what you emotionally want, 'cuz in the end you won't be happy until you get it. I learned that through my own experience with stocking a new woodworking shop.

As far as Dolmar goes, you aren't supposed to buy new saws online, including eBay (I know there's a couple out there at times but this maybe new dealer ignorance). But if you're gonna do mailorder anyway, there are a few sponsors of this site who I'm sure will process your Dolmar order since you don't have a local dealer available to you. Just a thought.

Husqvarna 570 Engine
Cylinder displacement 4.14 cu.inch / 67.9 cm³
Power 4.9 hp / 3.6 kW
Maximum recommended engine speed 13 600 mm
Fuel tank volume 1.48 US pint / 0.7l
Oil tank volume 0.78 US pint / 0.37l
Oil pump type adjustable flow
Cutting equipment
Chain pitch 3/8"
Recommended bar length 16-32" / 40-80 cm
Ergonomics
Sound level 107 dB(A)
Noise emissions, LWA 115 dB(A)
Vibrations, front/rear handle 5.0 m/s² / 5.4 m/s²
Overall dimensions
Weight excl. cutting equipment 14.9 lbs / 6.8 kg
****VS Husqvarna 365 Cylinder displacement 4.0 cu.inch / 65.1 cm³
Power 4.6 hp / 3.4 kW
Maximum recommended engine speed 12 500 mm
Fuel tank volume 1.62 US pint / 0.77l
Oil tank volume 0.84 US pint / 0.40l
Oil pump type adjustable flow
Chain pitch 3/8"
Recommended bar length 15-28" / 38-70 cm
Sound level 102.5 dB(A)
Noise emissions, LWA 114 dB(A)
Vibrations, front/rear handle 3.6 m/s² / 3.5 m/s²
Weight 13.0 lb

Last edited:
Have you considered a Jonsered 2171? It's a great saw, and may be worth your while to check out. It's basically the same saw as a Husky 372xp. I would tell you to buy a Husky 372xp, but I think most of the Husky 372's have sold out/discontinued.

-Nick

Between just those 2 saws I would go with the 365. Less vibs, less weight and negligible power difference. I love mine. Personally, I can't think of a good reason to pay any more for a 570.

I haven't had much time behind a 570, but I have had 6 years worth of trigger time between my 365's. They are awesome saws and have plenty of guts to run a 20". That is the regular bar I ran on mine. I also had a 28" full comp on it a couple times and was surprised the way it cut. Very torquey motor, and like others said, if you get bored with it, the 372 piston and cylinder is a bolt on. I still have one that remained a 365, but it has been ported and the other got turned into a 372. I still have the stock jug that i can throw on it, if you want to come up and try it out.

-Steve

Hey freakstang..where is a good dolmar dealer in ohio? I prefer dolmar over husky and I have never even ran a dolmar (thats funny) I like the way they look, (like an exotic car or something). How far North are ya?

slipknot said:
Hey freakstang..where is a good dolmar dealer in ohio? I prefer dolmar over husky and I have never even ran a dolmar (thats funny) I like the way they look, (like an exotic car or something). How far North are ya?

Wooster---> 1/2 hour or so due east of Mansfield.

The only good Dolmar guy I know in the northern half of the state is Precision Edge. Guy's name is Dave. Tell him Steve sent ya, if you go. I don't have his number handy, but I will get it for you. He is in willard. i don't knowwhere you are at, but him and there is one other guy in the southern tip of Ohio that have treated me well. i love my 5100. The 6400/7900 hybrid is coming along well. I love my 372, but the 7900 is slowly taking it's place. They are extremely smooth running saws. One of the best antivibe out there, and very torquey-more so than the huskies

-Steve

Latest posts

Back