husky 365 vs 036 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac45

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I ve been lookeing for a new saw. I ve owned both stiihl and husky. Which saw is better in speed torque etc. I think the stihl is rated at 4.4 hp and husky at 4.6hp

I believe the Stihl is lighter and the HP numbers are equal when you convert the huskies numbers to the method stihl uses to rate saws. I owned a 036 and liked it. Its kind of a bastard size as it doesnt have the snot of a 044 and its not aslight as a 026. Other than that its a goodsaws. As for the husky. I dont know. I have never ran a365. but I sure like my 372.

Boy thats a close one. Its a toss up. I sell 2165s but have heard good reports on 036s.

Lets change the subject to something I can win on, like best 100 yd rifle target saws. The object of such a contest is to score a point by distroying over 50% percent of the value on the saw with one shot. ( Hint, it is best to go for the flywheel which will usually take the crank with it.) You can loose by just wounding one in the handle.

Tony, Id aim for the interface between the crank cases and the cylinder and Id use my 416 rem mag with swift bullet. Probaly take out the muffler, both case halfs, the cylinder and the crank in one shot. If the saw was sideways to the shooter I would aim just slightly above the flywheel nut. With a solid bullet you would have no problem takeing out almost every important internal part

Tony and Ben; you pair would be lucky to hit a saw at 100yds. let alone do any selective placement. Ben is so afraid of the recoil of that 416 it takes him half a bottle of courage before he will even pull the trigger and the mussle moves half an inch befor the noise happens. Anyways the whole idea of shootin saws is sacrilege on this site; Dennis should kick you pair of troublemakers off.

Frank

husky

I run a husky 365 with a 24 " bar. Its not a screamer but it has excellent torque.. Go for the xtra bucks and get the 372

corey

036 or 365?

I have actually been using my personal 365 for bucking in the landing because both the 046's are in the shop. We have some 036's but don't like them too much, run great and cut ok just don't like the feal of them. They have 28" bars on them which make them a bit front heavy. I also have a 28" bar on my husky and pulls the 28" pretty good for it's size. I did open the muffler on it and made it run quite abit better. would have to say the 365 has a bit of an edge over the 036 and surely runs cleaner longer with less vibrations.One last thing I prefer about husky's is the larger rear handles. When switchin back to the Stihls, the rear handle just seams small to me.:)

Matt

<p>Howdy<p/>
<p>The 365 saws we have also see a lot of landing use. They are very dependable and durable, the reason being that they have the same crank and bearing structure as the 372 but with a smaller top end, so there's less force slamming down on the crankcase and bearings. I have 3 365s which have been cutting for three years now with no breakdowns.<p/>
<p>The 036 is a good saw, but you can buy an MS-440 and get 33% more output at basically the same weight, and have a better balanced saw. Stihl has the port design nailed down in the MS-440 and it is once of their smoothest running saws ever. The 360 is a good runner too but feels like a dog compared to the 440. The 460 is on it's way out. The 440 has a lightened aluminum flywheel that weighs the same as the 460's polymer flywheel.<p/>

I personally would go with the 372...why pack the weight without the punch?? Then again...I don't own many stock saws....

Crofter...if I got rid of the biggest troublemakers first...I wouldn't be able to rid anyone else....but personally I would take my 8mm Mag...with a mushroom shell....aim for anything and try to weigh what is left....:D

ranger, why are ya'll running 28'' bars on your 036's when you have other saws???

why the 28" bars?

To tell you the truth I am not sure. The stihl saws are company owned and I think they just like to have one size for the 36's and 46's. I know the 036 would be better with a 20".The outfit I work for here in Alaska Runs a sawmill and planer. They do there own logging and the mill uses the older woods saws to cut timber and lumber units in half. With the 28" bar they can cut through the 4' piles with a cut on either side. They don't trust many yard or mill guys with the 084 and big bar with helper handle, they just cycle through to many workers here. Making one smooth cut through a unit would seem safer to me than two.

Matt

Crofter, Seems like a person can't have any fun on here without someone getting on their butt.

Do you just behave yourself all the time?

I can't help being mischevious. I just always want to send a guy home with a loop of chain put together so it can't be straightened out to make a loop.

Mr. Ben, fellow troublemaker. We thinking along the same lines.

I actually haven't done that in a long time. We used to like to fun guys by taking a like model from the junk pile, then telling them we couldn't fix it, so we had to put it to sleep.

I have also been known to put a chain loop together so it could not be straightened out to a loop. I got a lot of meanness in me. I attribute it to the strictness I was was raised by.

Tony : Na I was just being the straight guy on this occasion. None so pious as a reformed sinner eh?. Do you guys know how to shoot the bottoms only out of bottles. That separates the men from the boys.
Just to keep somewhat on topic I have a Husky 365 sp and it is pretty much as people have said. Yoy can lean it out so it will rev 13,500 but it doesnt have much torque at the higher revs. not till you load it and pull it down a bit will it come into its happy spot. Have had some discussion with Dennis and its power band can be raised. It sure is a user friendly saw as is though so I am still meditatiing on it.

Frank

Back