husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Came across a used 365 at the local pawn shop today for $150 bucks. 20" bar and good chain, over all good condition, compression feels good although I did not fire it up but was told it runs strong. I think I'm going to go back and buy it tomorrow. Anyone run the 365, thoughts and opinions?

Never heard a bad word about the 365. Do a search and you will find lots of info on it. $150. sounds like a good price if it has no skeletons in the closet.

+1 on Troutfisher. I wouldn't buy it unless I pulled the muffler, but if it looks good, that's a heck of a deal. In my neck of the woods, $150 might get you a WildThing in a pawn shop.

Mark

Never heard a bad word about the 365. Do a search and you will find lots of info on it. $150. sounds like a good price if it has no skeletons in the closet.

Right, but there really has been too many 365/2165 treads lately - they are a good firewood saw for "in-the-yard" cutting, but the power to weight just is not there, for a woods saw.......;)

Unless you hike for miles to your wood cutting spot (I know I don't!) its fine!

I don't saw for longer than 2 hours and move out of sight of my truck when Im cutting wood. Don't need to totally worry about power to weight ratios, unless you have the money and the desire to run the absolute best.

Unless you hike for miles to your wood cutting spot (I know I don't!) its fine!

I don't saw for longer than 2 hours and move out of sight of my truck when Im cutting wood. Don't need to totally worry about power to weight ratios, unless you have the money and the desire to run the absolute best.

+1

I bought my 2065 used in great shape for $150 & I love it. Its an awesome firewood saw.

Pull the muffler & if its good, grab it. You wont be sorry.

I Have one!!!!

bought it new in 05,,,,,,, and I love mine,,, just finished a job ... dropped 15 pines to 30+" DBH and two oaks one was was 40"+ the 365 is the saw I used for busting the tops and limbs to 18"s,, even dropped a few of the smaller ones with it and bucked them out right where they laid!!!

I LOVE MINE!!!!!!

Great midsized saw,,,,, Plenty of power for a 65CC saw,,, responds well to a muffler Mod,,,,and you can find a 372 P/C and slap it right on it!!!!!!!

cause the crank and crankcase is the same,,,will also accept a big bore kit!!!!

for 150 bucks,,, as others have said, if the piston and rings look good and if it runs as good as they say..... I paid almost 500 for mine new,,,,

I'd be all over it!!!!!!!!

dont mind Niko he always dogs them out!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
You will not be disappointed with a 365 for firewood. Its slightly less than optimal power to weight ratio is irrelevant. Unless you are small in physical stature...:biggrinbounce2:

Right, but there really has been too many 365/2165 treads lately - they are a good firewood saw for "in-the-yard" cutting, but the power to weight just is not there, for a woods saw.......;)

Sorry man, hate to bust you, but in moderate wood there is little to no difference to a 372. The bigger the wood, the more it is noticable compared to the 372, but the fact of the matter that the 365 is more than 75% of the people out there need. The other 25%, is here of course... :hmm3grin2orange:

The power/weight thing isn't much, I get LESS than a pound difference between my 036 and 2165, the 2165 clumsier for swinging in small stuff, the 036 first choice on steep and rough ground, but on the flat with longer cuts and bigger trees, the 2165 for sure, the weight thing you can only compare between 60cc and 70cc, 70cc and their longer bars and chains are heavier again specially when you're lugging their extra petrol/oil

Sorry man, hate to bust you, but in moderate wood there is little to no difference to a 372. The bigger the wood, the more it is noticable compared to the 372, but the fact of the matter that the 365 is more than 75% of the people out there need. The other 25%, is here of course... :hmm3grin2orange:
Good post! Couldn't rep ya, wouldn't let me!
:cheers:

Really? Have you ever used one? or just read about it?

HA, HA - my 372xp is about the same saw, with more power - I wouldn't want to carry it into the woods, without that extra power - enter the much lighter and handier MS361........:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Really? Have you ever used one? or just read about it?
Not Mr Troll here I have never used one but would not have a problem owning one! It was a hard decision for me a 2159 or 2165, at the time I had a 044 and thought the 2165 would be too close to it to make a difference.I never ran it I picked it up and thought this is alot like my 044 but better looking:) I am biased and prefer the Jred/husky design of saw I also like the older Stihls and Macs and really don't care much for the little stihls like 170/180 I think from personal experience that Poulans are better. But thats just me and my opinion.I have used a 2171 and thought it was a great saw and I cant see a 2165 giving up much to it except being cheaper to buy.I am so slow with my replies today.

Last edited:

You didn't really bust me, but put an 8-pin on the 372xp, and there surely will be a difference in "moderate" wood as well. It has more power, and also more low end torque......

:greenchainsaw:

Came across a used 365 at the local pawn shop today for $150 bucks. 20" bar and good chain, over all good condition, compression feels good although I did not fire it up but was told it runs strong. I think I'm going to go back and buy it tomorrow. Anyone run the 365, thoughts and opinions?

Back to the original question........Yes, I have owned a 365, I loved it, $150 is a good buy, Keep us posted!

Here's a vid of a 365 I did the muffler mod(not mine)........http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/Troutfisher_photo/?action=view&current=365spcl.flv

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advise, Probobly a stupid question but what are the exact tools I need to pull the muffler. If I can walk in with just what I need in my pocket maybe they will think I know what I'm doing and will let me. I'm pretty mechaniclly inclined, just never happened to remove a muffler on a husky before.

Latest posts

Back