Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

lol

What, did I say something wrong,LOL I like customers like ND, I have alot of fun with them. They come in boo hooing and blah balh blah. I fix their problem real quick and they come back later on boo hooing about something else. Finally I just can't resist saying ya know ya can't fix stupid buddy. Ya get this dumb look and I say see there, look at you, why the stupid look,LOL Sometimes its the fastest and the best way to fix a complainer.

Last edited:
You will never own another Stihl, GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. In the biz your what we call a pita, a pain in the azz. Get ya self a new Husky, Dolmar, Mac or anything but a Stihl. Become their pain in the azz, we'd appreciate it. Hows that for customer relations ND? See ND sometimes enuff is enuff. Your story and going back and forth over that saw has run its course. Its gotton old and sometimes its best to just let em go. So get going, have a nice trip, drive safe,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Bought this Mcculloch in 2005 with no issues for 3 years then the oil tank cracked, new one $36.00 delivered to the door with numerous other parts
Clutch, Bearing, oil pump etc,,
Bar and chain From Baileys (great service there as-well)
no issues with Mcculloch dealers or factory reps just great customer support from the many many mac part houses and independents.
I think we all saw what happen to Mac when they handed out poor support in the 70s was it?

Looks to me like the pita here is stihl,

1st-- It would have been nice to buy a 600.00 saw with no issues
2nd-- with the defect it would have been nice if it could have been
fixed under warranty they tried and failed.
3rd-- then they destroyed the chain (they did replace)
4th-- non stihl repair shop fixed the issues.
5th-- the 600.00 saw turned into $750.00 PITA

So I say Stihl is a PITA-POS.

Don't get me wrong the saw cuts, So does Mcculloch, SOLO, Husky, and others.

Stihl Dealer and factory support is a PITA.

:deadhorse:

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bought this Mcculloch in 2005 with no issues for 3 years then the oil tank cracked, new one $36.00 delivered to the door with numerous other parts
Clutch, Bearing, oil pump etc,,
Bar and chain From Baileys (great service there as-well)
no issues with Mcculloch dealers or factory reps just great customer support from the many many mac part houses and independents.
I think we all saw what happen to Mac when they handed out poor support in the 70s was it?

Looks to me like the pita here is stihl,

1st-- It would have been nice to buy a 600.00 saw with no issues
2nd-- with the defect it would have been nice if it could have been
fixed under warranty they tried and failed.
3rd-- then they destroyed the chain (they did replace)
4th-- non stihl repair shop fixed the issues.
5th-- the 600.00 saw turned into $750.00 PITA

So I say Stihl is a PITA-POS.

Don't get me wrong the saw cuts, So does Mcculloch, SOLO, Husky, and others.

Stihl Dealer and factory support is a PITA.

:deadhorse:

Really, for some reason ND I just don't feel your pain. You got a new chain, the guy couldn't figure out your oiling issue, big whop I say. So he couldn't. Wanna burn him at the stake? You took it to your man who half azzed fixed BTW, was no need to cut anything yet your happy with that, go figure. Finally and foremost ND you said last week you was starting to like that saw in so many words and yet today I see all this non-sense about I'm gonna sell it and never own another Stihl, make up ya mind ND, schit or get off the pot. I personally think you should sell it. Hell you was gonna put it on E-bay, then you was gonna sell it, then it was use it and see how it does and then you was gonna go do a clearing with it and now its I'm gonna sell it. Are you seeing the same pattern I'm seeing ND, looks to me you don't know what your gonna do. Never seen one saw cause one man so much torment. If you saw wood as good as you complain about that saw you should be able to clear a 100 acres a day. Better get a good saw for that much cutting, I think Lowes has saws on sale, head on overthere and getcha one, thats just my humble opinion of course.

Finally and foremost ND when you put 8-9000 dealers all in one basket as no good because you had a problem with your dealer shows ya not the brightest lite on the Christmas tree. Let's turn that around and you'll see what I mean. If I had a Stihl user out where you are that complained to no end should I assume all Stihl users are complainers and a pita like you, hmmmmmmmmm, tell me it's not so,LOLOL

Finally and foremost ND when you put 8-9000 dealers all in one basket as no good because you had a problem with your dealer shows ya not the brightest lite on the Christmas tree. Let's turn that around and you'll see what I mean. If I had a Stihl user out where you are that complained to no end should I assume all Stihl users are complainers and a pita like you, hmmmmmmmmm, tell me it's not so,LOLOL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup ---

Cut the propriety oil feed tube, you bet, now I can change the oil feed screen each season by simply pulling it out of the tank remove the clamp wash or replace screen hmmmmm how can that be wrong? All logic points to correctness

The saw cuts and I do start to like it but then the thought comes, SO-A-B one day Im gonna hafta deal with that dam Stihl dealer, kinda kills the desire to keep the saw.

I should say if you like the Stihl and buy the stihl make sure you get a good dealer, if not pass on the stihl
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be needen parts by phone please

Last edited:
Yup ---

The saw cuts and I do start to like it but then the thought comes, SO-A-B one day Im gonna hafta deal with that dam Stihl dealer, kinda kills the desire to keep the saw.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be needen parts by phone please

Well thats a piss poor excuse. Your forseeing the future now. Your counting them chickens way before the ole rooster even nails the hen. Look at it this way ND and this is a gimmie, your gonna have to deal with the undertaker someday too, are you gonna stop living now just thinking about it, don't think so. You keep the fuel fresh, take care of the saw chances are good you won't need that dealer for a helluva long time, hopefully you won't need the undertaker anytime soon either, go live man...

your gonna have to deal with the undertaker someday too, are you gonna stop living now just thinking about it, don't think so. You keep the fuel fresh, take care of the saw chances are good you won't need that dealer for a helluva long time, hopefully you won't need the undertaker anytime soon either, go live man...

Don’t get me wrong the future is a long way off,, until it arrives,,
Then it’s too late.

I always think ahead.

It’s a shame I got bamboozled by stihl, guess I was in a hurry

No time to waste my undertaker

-

Sounds to me that you feel like the decision to buy the MS361 is the worst one you have ever made...do you consider yourself a fortunate man?

Being fortunate is irrelevant;

buying the 361 should have been a good decision.

The bottom line is I got hold of a defective ms361 and poor dealer/organization.

The saw was abused,

The saw was returned to me in disrepair,

Scenario 1

The saw is fixed

Scenario 2

We were unable to repair the saw; it went back to the factory for diagnoses.

Scenario 3

The saw is damaged we can replace the saw or refund your cash purchase.

Any of these 3 Scenarios would have been acceptable and not out of line.

We can go a step further,

We apologize for the inconvenience and the added cost to repair the defective MS361 let us make it right.

None of this is unreasonable, neither the factory nor the dealer are concerned about after sale support.

My advice with what I have experienced avoid Stihl

Hence the question: and my input, avoid stihl and go for the Husky or anything but stihl

Hence the question: and my input, avoid stihl and go for the Husky or anything but stihl

That says it all ND, you've finally made a decision, your going to avoid Stihl at all costs, cool beans. I don't blame you abit. When ya putting that 361 on e-bay?, hell I may buy it myself. I got two but I got room for another. Post that saw so we can get to bidding on that sorry POS, opppppppps, I mean fine chainsaw,LOLOL

That says it all ND, you've finally made a decision, your going to avoid Stihl at all costs, cool beans. I don't blame you abit. When ya putting that 361 on e-bay?, hell I may buy it myself. I got two but I got room for another. Post that saw so we can get to bidding on that sorry POS, opppppppps, I mean fine chainsaw,LOLOL

Yea no kidding. I have a deep clutch cover and chain roller just waiting to be put on something!

i actually didnt think the ms361xp was that bad... just too expensive.

Really, I think the 357XP, the Husky counterpart to the 361, is abit more costly. I think I seen the list price on the 357XP around 639.00. Makes no nevermind what they cost though, if your not happy with it get rid of it. ND is obviously not happy with that 361 for reasons other than the saw so its best he put that thing on E-bay so we can bid on it and show it some luv,LOL

Really, I think the 357XP, the Husky counterpart to the 361, is abit more costly. I think I seen the list price on the 357XP around 639.00. Makes no nevermind what they cost though, if your not happy with it get rid of it. ND is obviously not happy with that 361 for reasons other than the saw so its best he put that thing on E-bay so we can bid on it and show it some luv,LOL

cool... whats the US list price on a 361? our pricing here is weird

I guess the "test" didn't go so well?

It's going to be a few weeks before I can get some good time on that 2171, enough to give a good report anyway. So far, from having both saws apart, I can see the Stihl is the better built saw. That is about all I got for now and I will make a new thread so everyone can see it.:D

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

This thread sucked until Tommy showed up

Latest posts

Back