Husky 372xp or Stihl ms441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhhh...how to say...perhaps you should stop cutting logs filled with manure...my 2171 has never stalled cutting noodles, and I've never once gotten any "crap" caught under the clutch cover...

(Howdie Joat!)

Noodles assamble under the clutch cover on any saw that has one - how much varies with several factors........:givebeer:

Last edited:
Same reason you didn't use them other years ......The wood is too small...:) :)

BTW say "Hi" to Venn Witchy for me .......

Wait a minute ........ a correction is in order.

Nikko's wood is too small.

Now, repeat after me: Nikko's wood is too small.

Well, it is now decided that I need surgery on that bad foot pretty soon, probably two round of it, to get rid off all the problems there.
Hopefully it is OK next year........:)

Steve, I will tell Witchy that you said "Hi".
I am trying to motivate her to post here again, but it isn't easy..........

Last edited:
Well, it is now decided that I need surgery on that bad foot pretty soon, probably too round of it, to get rid off all the problems there. :)

Tell her :heart: :heart: :heart: from me..........

As for your foot...........Hmmmmmmm..............We could have Petey do it with a Swedish chainsaw....

Well, it is now decided that I need surgery on that bad foot pretty soon, probably two round of it, to get rid off all the problems there.
Hopefully it is OK next year........:)

Nikko,

All kidding aside, we're pulling and praying for you and Witchy. A big hello and internet hug to Witchy.

Joat

God, I miss the days that one could have a good read and a laugh talking about the mighty 441 :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=462010&postcount=1

So true Belgian. Those were the days. Jumping ahead after that thread the writer,me, went out and got a 372 to see what the talk was all about. Boy what a nitemare idea that turned out to be. The saw was defective right out the box. Not to be deterred it was used anyway for the defect did not alter its performance or built quality. The defect did show someone at Husky must have been nipping on the bottle the day the case was machined.

The two saws, the mighty 441 and the cheesy 372 were disassembled to see which saw was built. Each part was looked at right down to the smallest detail. The 441 was the clear winner on built quality. Larger anti vibs srpings, larger tank house bushings, mag starter assembly, not plastic like the 372 starter assemby. Pics were later posted to prove it. The 372, the queen of saws, carried more plastic than Joe with 50 credit cards in his wallet.

Then came the run tests which my buddy big Hoss and I did together for a unbias opinon. We had a full tractor trailer load of clean white oak logs to put these two saws side by side and letem run. The logs ranged from 12 to 30 inches. We ran several tanks through the mighty 441 and the cheesy 372. I found the saws to be about the same in the cut thought the 441 was pinching on fuel, the 372 was a guzzler. I was expecting the 372 to cut 400 blocks to the 441's one block after reading all the hype. Disappointed was a understatment, I was shocked. Where was all the power, the speed. It was not there. I had been taken in by all the hype. Big Hoss tried the saws as well and ran several tanks through each only to conclude the 441 seemed a tad faster to him and smoother in the cut. He later went on to purchase a new 441 after running these saws showing his preferrance of the two saws.

After running these saws came another test. The air filters were exposed and to our surprize the filter on the 441 was cleaner than the one on the 372, how could that be sayth the Husky gods of filtration. It appeared the new Stihl system on the 441 was superior to the old outdated system of the 372. I thought my my look at that.

Time has past since the tests. The 372 now rests on the shelf, oil drained out of course. It will live a lonely life as the mighty 441 heads off to the woods while its left behind in its sorrow of not living up to the hype people have placed on it. Of note and to be fair the 441 has had a issue that has been corrected by Stihl. It seems on real hot days some 441's is have shown to vapor lock. This issue has been corrected with a new updated fuel line to prevent such a problem and the update is free by Stihl warranty. Such repairs will be done by class pro's such as myself free of charge. I won't even charge for giving the customer the pleasure of being in my presence, which is worth a easy 1000.00 right there.

In conculsion the mighty 441 was never intended to go up against the queen of saws, the 372. Its purpose was to meet new EPA requirements and its Husky counterpart was the 575. The 441 has had a updated fuel line and nothing more. The Husky 575 has been redesigned twice, its on its third go round. What does that say, the mighty 441 was a winner and remains a winner since day one.

Of final note. Belgain being a man of great moral fiber that I am I did not bear a grudge toward Husky over that defective and less than impressive 372. I later bought a new 346XP. That saw lives up to the hype. It is what the Husky cheerleaders say it is, a real nice little saw. I like that saw alot. Though my 5100 will outcut in blocking when it comes to trimming the 346 is hands down the winner. Much easier to use, lighter, much better handling saw than the 5100.

(Belgian that ought to getem fired up,LOLOL)

Last edited:
So true Belgian. Those were the days. Jumping ahead after that thread the writer,me, went out and got a 372 to see what the talk was all about. Boy what a nitemare idea that turned out to be. The saw was defective right out the box. Not to be deterred it was used anyway for the defect did not alter its performance or built quality. The defect did show someone at Husky must have been nipping on the bottle the day the case was machined.

The two saws, the mighty 441 and the cheesy 372 were disassembled to see which saw was built. Each part was looked at right down to the smallest detail. The 441 was the clear winner on built quality. Larger anti vibs srpings, larger tank house bushings, mag starter assembly, not plastic like the 372 starter assemby. Pics were later posted to prove it. The 372, the queen of saws, carried more plastic than Joe with 50 credit cards in his wallet.

Then came the run tests which my buddy big Hoss and I did together for a unbias opinon. We had a full tractor trailer load of clean white oak logs to put these two saws side by side and letem run. The logs ranged from 12 to 30 inches. We ran several tanks through the mighty 441 and the cheesy 372. I found the saws to be about the same in the cut thought the 441 was pinching on fuel, the 372 was a guzzler. I was expecting the 372 to cut 400 blocks to the 441's one block after reading all the hype. Disappointed was a understatment, I was shocked. Where was all the power, the speed. It was not there. I had been taken in by all the hype. Big Hoss tried the saws as well and ran several tanks through each only to conclude the 441 seemed a tad faster to him and smoother in the cut. He later went on to purchase a new 441 after running these saws showing his preferrance of the two saws.

After running these saws came another test. The air filters were exposed and to our surprize the filter on the 441 was cleaner than the one on the 372, how could that be sayth the Husky gods of filtration. It appeared the new Stihl system on the 441 was superior to the old outdated system of the 372. I thought my my look at that.

Time has past since the tests. The 372 now rests on the shelf, oil drained out of course. It will live a lonely life as the mighty 441 heads off to the woods while its left behind in its sorrow of not living up to the hype people have placed on it. Of note and to be fair the 441 has had a issue that has been corrected by Stihl. It seems on real hot days some 441's is have shown to vapor lock. This issue has been corrected with a new updated fuel line to prevent such a problem and the update is free by Stihl warranty. Such repairs will be done by class pro's such as myself free of charge. I won't even charge for giving the customer the pleasure of being in my presence, which is worth a easy 1000.00 right there.

In conculsion the mighty 441 was never intended to go up against the queen of saws, the 372. Its purpose was to meet new EPA requirements and its Husky counterpart was the 575. The 441 has had a updated fuel line and nothing more. The Husky 575 has been redesigned twice, its on its third go round. What does that say, the mighty 441 was a winner and remains a winner since day one.

Of final note. Belgain being a man of great moral fiber that I am I did not bear a grudge toward Husky over that defective and less than impressive 372. I later bought a new 346XP. That saw lives up to the hype. It is what the Husky cheerleaders say it is, a real nice little saw. I like that saw alot. Though my 5100 will outcut in blocking when it comes to trimming the 346 is hands down the winner. Much easier to use, lighter, much better handling saw than the 5100.

(Belgian that ought to getem fired up,LOLOL)

Tommie,

You outdid yourself ole chap. :clap: What a write up. :clap:

As you so abley recapped your experiences, sharing the pleasure, the disappointment and the sense of triumph, I actually felt as though I was there.

Suddenly, my hot morning cappa turned tepid and I know I had a whaft of Folgers there for a moment.

I had a sudden urge to reach for a Pamper to keep the oil from the cheezy, bladder deficient 372 from leaking onto the freshly waxed floor of the pristine Stihl shoppe.

I could smell the white oak chips as they flew through the cool, crisp air of a Virginia morning.

I marvelled at the engineering genious exhibited by the Stihl engineers as the pricision machined parts made the Husky counterparts look like a Chinese science fair project gone astray.

I too, felt like ole Hoss as I reached for my wallet while asking the kind Stihl salesman if I could, too, purchase the mighty 441.

I did notice Belgian missing and I figured he was in some dark, dank European ginhouse with a belly dancer on each arm.

I now return to my euphoric state,

Joat

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back