Husky 372xp parts inter-changability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky nut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone put a cylinder off a larger husky saw then a stock one without having to do modifications? If so what did the cylinder and piston come from or off of? So far i've got a 375xp but wanna try to beef up another 372xp...(parts are cheap to me so cost isnt a problem)

well if port timing is low i dont think it would run as good as it does (cuts better then my stock 372's)...only real differences i could find between a 372 and 375 is the bore...on the saws the carbs are different along with a 375k has a rev limited coil...

I'd have to look tuesday on the invoice...We just rebuilt 2 under warranty (first time i've Heard husky say they'd warranty fried motors was on the 2 575xp's i rebuilt yesterday)...

well as you know a 575 runs really lean from the factory with the limiters on it...the shop that sold the logger the saws didnt remove the limiters and richen it up...If they burn up this time it'll be cause they used the wrong gas mixture (we adjusted the carbs and got them running like they should now but 1 is still down due to a factory flaw in the carb and leaks gas)... Bwalker we dont mind selling them because when they leave our shop their tuned right

So far not 1 of the 100 we sold or tuned has come back to us yet other then for a bar and chain or 1 that had been run over by a bobcat...

bwalker said:
Which doesnt stop ham fisted loggers from adjusting them to their liking in the field.

But if the ham fisted loggers atleast know what a properly tuned saw should run like, maybe they can duplicate that in the field.

I feel that the 575(or any rev limited saw) needs to be set up a little differently and this detail may be lost on those people in the field.

Russ

husky nut

sounds like i can get better price's on parts than you........i recently picked up a new husky jug and piston kit for a 385 for 2 bills. 372 pistons cost me 34.00. i haven't priced a 575 kit yet and don't plan on it.

Back