Husky 372xp parts inter-changability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be timing the cuts as soon as i get a chance to get some good wood to test on...As far as the pricing goes Kf i get 395 cylinder and piston sets below 2 bills actually i think its around $172 and some change

Husky nut said:
Will be timing the cuts as soon as i get a chance to get some good wood to test on...As far as the pricing goes Kf i get 395 cylinder and piston sets below 2 bills actually i think its around $172 and some change

thats good to know, at least my dealer is making a profit and not hitting me over the head.

most dealers have favorite customers and then they have the once in a blue mooner (typical home owner) so thats where your getting your deals is being a favored customer vs the home owner that would be paying $226.34 for what you get for 2 bills...we have those price brackets at our shop to...works with saws to which is where dealers actually make alil more money

Husky nut said:
well as you know a 575 runs really lean from the factory with the limiters on it...the shop that sold the logger the saws didnt remove the limiters and richen it up...If they burn up this time it'll be cause they used the wrong gas mixture (we adjusted the carbs and got them running like they should now but 1 is still down due to a factory flaw in the carb and leaks gas)... Bwalker we dont mind selling them because when they leave our shop their tuned right

Hmmm...Let's hear the rest of the story. Which dealer you work for? Exactly what happened to the 575's. Who was the owner of the saws(not names, but occupation) and what was he/she doing with them(as far as working them)? Failed before or after the break-in period? I'd like to hear it all. Just curious, not gonna start some argument.

Jp re-read what you quoted and you'll see that it says a logger...these went down after break-in...The saws sat at the shop he bought them from for 2 months and was only taken apart (apart meaning all the way down like you was to change the cranks when all they needed was cylinder kits)...1 week after us getting them there back up and running just one cant leave till husky sends us a replacement carb to replace the defective carb

Husky nut said:
Has anyone put a cylinder off a larger husky saw then a stock one without having to do modifications? If so what did the cylinder and piston come from or off of? So far i've got a 375xp but wanna try to beef up another 372xp...(parts are cheap to me so cost isnt a problem)

I have access to a bunch of used 375K parts and was thinking the same thing. Did you take any measurements between the 372 and the 375K cylinder, intake & exhaust and transfers? I am interested to see the time differences between the two, and would be interested in the 365 vs 375 comparison also.

Thanks
Steve

Back