Husky 372xp, the queen of all saws!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Lakeside53 said:
It wasn't directed at you... :buttkick:

Glad see you have the nice stuff! Most of mine is Mitutoyo also.. some Browne and Sharpe, and a realy nice Starrett depth gauge set 0-12 inches in two inch increment rods. I can measure some really long overstroke cylinders! sure...:givebeer:

Fair enough, just need to learn a little more on theory of the two stroke a lot better!! I know how to make a four run good, I know how to rebuild the two. But I doubt the two will interchange much beyond that!!!
Andy

SawWitch

SawWitch

Addicted to ArboristSite
SawTrolls new 372xpg

SawWitch said:
He isn't known to give the saws names......:greenchainsaw: :popcorn:

Well, I proposed that he call the 372xpg The Queen today, after this tread, and surpricingly he agreed - that is a milestone, as his other saws doesn't have names......:clap: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The others have just been referred to as "old Jonsereds", "small Husky" and "large Stihl" - now we probably will have to find proper names for those also........:laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
SawWitch said:
Well, I proposed that he call the 372xpg The Queen today, after this tread, and surpricingly he agreed - that is a milestone, as his other saws doesn't have names......:clap: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm SHOCKED that you'd make a suggestion and he would agree:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: We call that "yes dear" out here...:help:

So listen carefully what he really calls the saw when it won't start, gets the chain pinched, runs out of gas at the critical time... :biggrinbounce2:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
SawWitch said:
attachment.php

This picture was posted in another tread, but it was really meant to be here.

It shows the Queen with 20" bar, and its first victim - the tree went down pretty fast after the picture was taken.

SawWitch is holding the saw.

It has only about 3 tanks trough it so far, but it is markedly stronger than initially already. The still have only one piston ring here, I believe....

Last edited:
hornett22

hornett22

Addicted to ArboristSite
simple solution to this....

Hi friends, I have been missing you tonight (here), as the Troll has occupied the computer all the time. :angry: :bang:

Tomorrow, I will knock him out with a hammer, so I can use the computer myself.

Second thoughts, I don't have to work so hard, as a witch I have other ways.....:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :rockn:

sell his 361 and get your own computer.:hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
what did you think of the saw ????

The first impressions was that it is very easy started, very good ergonomics, and almost vibration free - I think it has less vibes than any other saw I have used! :biggrinbounce2:

The air filter was still almost totally clean after 3 tanks of gas (not a surprise).

It is of course not broken in, but it is obvious that it has more than enough power for the use it will be put up to - so getting a bigger saw would most likely have been a mistake........:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :yoyo: :yoyo: :blob2: :blob2:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I think that 372 is probably the best saw in that class ever made,powerful,rpms,smooth,very durable,just a great chainsaw.

It sure is, based on most reports on AS and other forums, that's why I wanted one badly before they all was gone, even though I didn't really need it...........:blob2: :blob2: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: