Husky 395XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops... sorry fellas, I haven't done a thing with it. Still sitting in my saw storage locker, no bar on it yet. :surprised3:

Plan to hang a 36" bar and milling chain on it. I also have a 372xp and I'm going to run a 33" with cross-cut for all my falling/bucking. :numberone:
Just had mine out today. Cut up 2 trees about 2 foot diameter and 2 more enormous oaks with 4 foot trunks. Took about 3 hours. Boogered the chain up on the second to last tree. Had to spend some time grinding on it. The 395 is a great saw! I run a 32” usually out a 48”. It pulls it like a train.

I doubt your plans to run a 32" on the 372 will stick around for too long after a cut or two, with a 395 sitting at your disposal. I've been getting by with a 28" on the 70cc 372 and now with a 395 w/ 36" bar, she'll be sporting the 28" and the 36" where needed and the 70cc will simply be wearing her 20" solely for medium wood. The 372 is too slow with a 28". It works but you can tell 70cc just doesn't make you happy like you know a 90cc saw will.
Haven't fired up my 395 yet either. She's brand new still, sitting inside the house beside me, just waiting to get into a big one.

Locktite the top cover screws and keep an eye on the nuts at bolts. Other than that, trouble free, hard working saw.

I doubt your plans to run a 32" on the 372 will stick around for too long after a cut or two, with a 395 sitting at your disposal. I've been getting by with a 28" on the 70cc 372 and now with a 395 w/ 36" bar, she'll be sporting the 28" and the 36" where needed and the 70cc will simply be wearing her 20" solely for medium wood. The 372 is too slow with a 28". It works but you can tell 70cc just doesn't make you happy like you know a 90cc saw will.
Haven't fired up my 395 yet either. She's brand new still, sitting inside the house beside me, just waiting to get into a big one.
A 395 with a 32” is just about a perfect match. It would be hard to use that bar on a 372 with the 395 hanging around bored out of its mind

Latest posts

Back