Husky 445 or a 450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelegendwone

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I own several older saws, mcculahs, remingtons, david bradley, home lites, just to name a few. I recently won a gift card for tractor supply. Not much i like in there, but could use a new saw that isnt that heavy. I narrowed down my choices to the husqvarna 450 and the 445. I will be putting an 18 or 20 inch bar on it. The 445 is about 330$ with tax and the. 450 is about 390 with tax. I dont see that much of a difference besides the fact that the 445 is lighter and has a little less power. I cant decide if i should dump a extra 60$ into it. Any reviews or suggestions should narrow it down between the 2. Thanks and happy Easter

I own several older saws, mcculahs, remingtons, david bradley, home lites, just to name a few. I recently won a gift card for tractor supply. Not much i like in there, but could use a new saw that isnt that heavy. I narrowed down my choices to the husqvarna 450 and the 445. I will be putting an 18 or 20 inch bar on it. The 445 is about 330$ with tax and the. 450 is about 390 with tax. I dont see that much of a difference besides the fact that the 445 is lighter and has a little less power. I cant decide if i should dump a extra 60$ into it. Any reviews or suggestions should narrow it down between the 2. Thanks and happy Easter

How nice, free stuff is great! I owned both of those saws for a short time. Couldn't get enough oil to the bar on either one. There is a noticeable difference in power between the two, although I would only regularly run a 16" bar on either one. Had an 18" on the 445 and a 20 on the 450, switched to a 16 on 455 made a noticeable difference in how it cut-felt more normal.

445/450

I own a 445 and it swings a 16BC easily. However if you want to put an 18/20 I would make a move to the 455.That is a lot of bar for a 50CC saw especially if the chain is 3/8, Ken

I own a 445 and it swings a 16BC easily. However if you want to put an 18/20 I would make a move to the 455.That is a lot of bar for a 50CC saw especially if the chain is 3/8, Ken

I agree!!

I have run both saws and 450 pulls a 18", .325 pretty well. On the 445, 18" narrow kerf is usually supplied and if you use the full bar in a log, it is too much for the saw. 20" is a little much even for the 450. Both of these are great firewood saws and pretty fuel efficient as long as they are used within their limitations. Both have a lot of nice features like de-comp, side chain adjust, primer bulb, combined choke/stop switch, quick release top cover and easy to clean air filter. I really like both of these, just in small to medium wood.

If you wanted to run 20" or even 18" with authority, the 455 would be a better choice for little more. Around here, TSC stores stock the 455. One note, the 455 is noticably heavier......................Ax.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back