Husky 455 vs 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is something that no one will ever agree on!

I buy quality tools, just like I do any other tool I use. I dont want the hassle later so I buy it once. Everything from my lawnmower to chainsaws to hand tools may have been overkill, but hey, I like to use them and they work perfect every time. Not many people say the enjoy mowing or trimming their lawn, I do because of the equipment I have. I hated it when I had a subpar machine.

We are all different and we will all spend extra money on different things. Someone may think I am an idiot because I didnt spend enough on my BBQ grill. :D

coveredinsap said:
I learned long ago the hard way not to buy 'the best' tools. They generally don't last any longer than the medium grade tools. Not the johnny cheapo tools, the medium grade tools are what I'm referring to here.

----Thall----
The Remington's running ....loudly. Interesting saw, but certainly not in a class with the Macs. The Remington looks like it was designed by committee, and everything is a pain to get to....literally. I spent the morning finding and fabricating springs for the pull starter/flywheel engagement ....an inertia type deal that when you pull the rope, reaches out and digs into a cup on the inside of the flywheel. Jeez Louise. (The old springs were so rusted that they started coming apart after starting it a few times.)

Well its a old saw Sap, gotta give it credit, it runs, not many saws that old out there still running so hats off to the old Remmington. Those springs are a pain but patience will solve those problems. We had a few Remmingtons years ago, a SL-9 and a SL-11, and boy loud is a understandment. Now lets see, thats No.9 right? Sap your guilty of a hobby, a saw hobby. I say cool beans. No doubt No.10 is coming soon....

Latest posts

Back