Husky 575

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lester Gillett

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have read past post on this saw, but at $100 and needs some work is it worth buying ? I need a saw in the
70 to 80 cc and looks like this one is in that range. I wouldn't use it much , just depends on how much it will
coast to fix. Let me know if i should by pass or buy,

Sawwood

You'll pay $$$ for parts but when you get in in the wood you'll like it. Keep it cleaned up and you won't have problems. I'd rather have a 372 but a hundred dollar saw has potential. You didn't say what's wrong or if you'll be doing the repairs or a shop.

A lot had problems, bearing s spinning in the case i think. I would pay special attn to how tight the bearings fit in their pockets, and i think there are some kinds of loctite type stuff that will help lock them in place. I have a 2006 model, not tons of use but 40-50 tanks anyway and no probs. Very smooth powerful saw, if a bit heavy.

Guy said its not starting but has been setting a while so may be carb is bad. What size is a Husky 575 and will it pull a 32 or 36" bar?
would like to buy a saw that would pull that size bar but low on money.

Sawwood

Will i have some large whit oaks in the 34 to 36" range, I need to split then to fit our sawmill. Thats the onlly
thing i will be useing the saw for.

Sawwood

Well if u get this saw and can get it to run, i would use a 24" bar and cut from both sides. That said i would insist on seeing the piston through the exhaust side of the cylinder before purchase, even for $100. It could quickly turn into a money pit.

I wouldn't run a 32"+ bar in white oak with a 70cc saw. Either run a 24" and make double cuts or pick up a 90cc saw.

Hope that saw checks out good, $100 for a pro grade 70cc saw that needs a bit of TLC is a steal...

Will I messed the saw so I am back to looking. I have a Homelite 330 with a 24" bar and have had good luck trimming the log
on the sides to get it to fit the mill. Guess I will just use it and take my time cutting.

Sawwood

Latest posts

Back