Husky Hong Kong replacement parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrod

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing some of the plastic on my husky 372. I seen on e-bay that there are several selling the parts that are made in Hong Kong. Has anyone purchased any of these parts. Just wondering if there worth the cheaper price than buying original replacement parts.

Last edited:
I would not trust them myself. There is a video out there somewhere showing just how easily those cheap parts can be broken, when the chain is flying back at your face or you are leaning on the tank/handle is a bad time to realize you should not have "cheaped out".

Some of the chinese chain brake handles can be brittle, not so good... but the covers seem to fit okay.

I have not used the actual dealer that says the parts come from hong kong but I have used some chinese knockoff parts from HLS. I have a tank, recoil, and a crank in my 036. So far so good. I couldn't afford to rebuild the saw with OEM so I went with some chinese stuff. If I were to use the saw every day for work then I would lean to the OEM. But this was just a fun build for me and the saw is for firewood.

I think it pays to remember that not all Chinese made aftermarket parts are created equal. Some are better than others but unfortunately buying from eBay you never know what you're getting. I have a whole range of aftermarket Chinese parts here for the 365/372 etc but with the prices you guys pay in the states for genuine stuff I'd grab that anyday.
Even smaller issues like screw holes being larger than their OEM counterparts can pop up from time to time.

I have 10 aftermarket tanks here for the 365/372 and only 8 of them have what I would call saleable plastic welds joining the two tank halves. The other 2 are probably solid but you never quite know if they'll leak eventually. The variability of the Chinese stuff is quite extraordinary.

Last edited:
I bought a 038 Magnum tank from them. Just got it the other day, it seems to be decent. Don't "buy it now"... bid or offer little money. You'll get it way cheaper.

Surprisingly good

I wanted to replace a cracked 371xp clutch cover with a better 372xp (with side tensioner).

I thought I'd try them out on a low value part.

I paid £12 + £6 delivery - way less than I'd have paid for a second-hand Husky part.

Quality seems excellent - and perfect colour match too. Time will tell how it stands up.

Pics of old part and new for comparison.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i just brought a 365 handlebar from them $25,the rubber grip is a little thin but its all good for $25!!

i just brought a 365 handlebar from them $25,the rubber grip is a little thin but its all good for $25!!

Find someone near by that sprays truck beds with Line-x or Rhino liner, and cut the grip off and have them line it when they are shooting a truck or something.

Latest posts

Back