Husky = Jonsered ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Reaction score
Posted in A-101, no answer. I'm told my my supplier who carries both Husky & Jonsered that in many cases they're virtual twins from the same factory in Sweden, but he can sell me the Jonsered for about 10% less than the equivalent Husky. I'm actually looking at brushcutters (Husky 232R vs Joni GR2032D) but figured if the saws are the same, the b'cutters should be too. They both show the same specs, 2 year warranty, solid steel shaft, etc. Anybody know for sure?
Thanks!
:confused:

Pinus is right.
Disregarding the Poulan made saws, by 2006 (from about 2002 I believe) all Jonsered models have an equivalent in the Husky lineup, but not allways the other way around - and I think the same applies to brushcutters and trimmers.

Some times there is some minor technical differenses, in addition to the different shape and color of the plastic.

Some Huskys never appear in Jred color, and some appear several years after the Husky version.

It started in the early 1980s, when the Jred 670 and 630 was based on Husky 266 and 162, and developed gradually.
I belive the last "non-Husky" Jreds to go was the 2077 (Europe) and 2083 II (USA) - but those were really a Partner design (P7700), not a Jred one.

The last "pure" Jred models were the 910 and 510 in 1979.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back