husky or stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
455 = super junk. Dont waste your money. 290 is a much better saw.

No love for the 455. I bought my 455 three years ago and love it for firewood. A buddy of mine has a 359 and he swears by it; I keep telling him he only has 4 more cc's and my 455 can out cut his. We tested it and he still doesn't admit he lost. I can see where a bigger saw is necessary but for what I needed it has worked real good. I am in the market for a bigger saw and I was looking at the 575xpg. I am looking for around 70 - 75cc's. Is there a more affordable saw that is equal or better than the 575?

No love for the 455. I bought my 455 three years ago and love it for firewood. A buddy of mine has a 359 and he swears by it; I keep telling him he only has 4 more cc's and my 455 can out cut his. We tested it and he still doesn't admit he lost. I can see where a bigger saw is necessary but for what I needed it has worked real good. I am in the market for a bigger saw and I was looking at the 575xpg. I am looking for around 70 - 75cc's. Is there a more affordable saw that is equal or better than the 575?

Some guys have had good results with the 575, others have had bad. You might want to consider the 372xp.........

Yep, agreed. Different strokes for different folks.:cheers:

Oh yeah, I will give the 372 a try when I'm at Tom's next time. Maybe his shop won't be flooded with bar oil by then.

They are both fine saws their are some differences in both
either you are for them or not! I used to like stihl when they did not
have a hippie engineering their caps and switches as; I like a separate
choke and switch and caps that shut! Oil will come out if oiler is over
adjusted but no big deal and the price per horse is way better.

Last edited:

The 359 is aniemic stock, but makes a LOT of gains easily!! Do a muffler mod on that saw, or better yet, a woods port!!!
They will really wake up!!!!
I am not a big fan of the 575, heard about to many problems with them, then Husky redesigned it, so I am leary!!!!
There is a lot of love for the 372 though!!!!

The 359 is aniemic stock, but makes a LOT of gains easily!! Do a muffler mod on that saw, or better yet, a woods port!!!
They will really wake up!!!!
I am not a big fan of the 575, heard about to many problems with them, then Husky redesigned it, so I am leary!!!!
There is a lot of love for the 372 though!!!!

Yes, but the NE575xp with 5.8hp and a tad less weight may change its reputation - at least it should beat the 441 by some margin.......:)

Latest posts

Back