Husky suggestion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can still find the jonny 2165 online for 509.00. If you want new this is what I would look at.

I have had starting issues with the 026pro from the start. Our Stihl leaf blower that we bought at the same time had the same issues. When they fire up, they run like a champs. I posted the issue a few days ago (chainsaw). I checked the local Jonsered dealer and the 2159 is on sale with 20" bar for $539. I have a Jonsered, and a Husky dealer within 10 minutes of the house. There is also a Stihl dealer within 10 minutes as well=Ace Hardware. I'll look into the Jonny 2165 as well.

Thanks all.

I have had starting issues with the 026pro from the start. Our Stihl leaf blower that we bought at the same time had the same issues. When they fire up, they run like a champs. I posted the issue a few days ago (chainsaw). I checked the local Jonsered dealer and the 2159 is on sale with 20" bar for $539. I have a Jonsered, and a Husky dealer within 10 minutes of the house. There is also a Stihl dealer within 10 minutes as well=Ace Hardware. I'll look into the Jonny 2165 as well.

Thanks all.

As I understand it, there sometimes are issues with the choke flaps not doing there intended job on the 026 - I believe there is a easy fix to it.

hahahahahaha

whats wrong with the 357? its way cooler than the 455 / 460

Sure it is, but an outboard clutch isn't appealing to me in the 60cc class, for an allround saw........:greenchainsaw:

...but I still want a 262xp (not xpg in that case) - weird HUH.......:givebeer: :cheers:

Last edited:
I have given up on Stihl. I have a Stihl 026Pro that I am getting rid of. I want a saw with more umpf. I have decided to go with a Husky in the 50-60cc range. I want a saw that can handle a 20" bar and chain with ease. I want to keep the purchase within $500 if possible. I have been checking things out and have come up with the following ideas. Any opinions, other suggestions in the Husky line, etc would be much appreciated. The three that I have sorta narrowed it down to are:

1.) 359
2.) 455 Rancher
3.) 460

I am really leaning towards the 359.
Thanks all.

if the 026 is in good shape id be willing to take it off your hands:cheers:

for a reasonable price of course:monkey:

my 660 needs a new little friend.:cheers:

2159 2159 2159 it just looks better than it's ugly sister!
Mod the muffler and your good to go.
I do have a soft spot for the 260/026, yes I don't totally hate Stihls.
But I think you would like how smooth the 2159/359 are.
This is really just a worthless post I was bored, But do like my Jred and the dealer is great.

Back