Husky suggestion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the group educate me as to the difference between the Husky 359 and the Jonsered 2159. I checked the stats and they look to be pretty much the same. The 359 retails about $100 less than the Jonsey (on sale!).

What is the difference?

Thanks all. I am enjoying the education.

:givebeer: :cheers: :givebeer:

Uhhhh get a 660........

Not him - surely not - and personally I would prefere the 390xp, in spite that it is a bit more money and a bit less power (and less weight and a lot less vibes and air filter cleaning) - but then I don't need the power of any of those saws....:dizzy: :dizzy: :givebeer:
:dizzy:

Last edited:
Can the group educate me as to the difference between the Husky 359 and the Jonsered 2159. I checked the stats and they look to be pretty much the same. The 359 retails about $100 less than the Jonsey (on sale!).

What is the difference?

The Jred is the red headed step child of Husqvarna.........You pay more because they dont fade in the sun as bad as Huskys............:cheers: :cheers:

You can call it a ZEBRA too....................................

Last edited:
The Jred is the red headed step child of Husqvarna.........You pay more because they dont fade in the sun as bad as Huskys............:cheers: :cheers:

You can call it a ZEBRA too....................................

So $100+ for a fancy dye job, huh?

I don't know where you are pricing the Husky and the Jonsered but the 359 is $519 at the local Tractor Supply Company and the 2159 is less than that at the local real dealer retail. And TSC does not service what they sell

I think all you guys better have a look at the new Husqvarna pricing

Last edited:
What is that Timmy? JReds in distress! I am on the way!

JReds have more soul than James Brown! Sexier than Heidi Klum! Cheaper than Husky! Straight handle that holds you close at night! The 2159 is better than the 359 on principle alone!

:cheers:

PB streaking thru the sky in red and black!

What is that Timmy? JReds in distress! I am on the way!

JReds have more soul than James Brown! Sexier than Heidi Klum! Cheaper than Husky! Straight handle that holds you close at night! The 2159 is better than the 359 on principle alone!

:cheers:

You go man......you go!:cheers:

Not him - surely not - and personally I would prefere the 390xp, in spite that it is a bit more money and a bit less power (and less weight and a lot less vibes and air filter cleaning) - but then I don't need the power of any of those saws....:dizzy: :dizzy: :givebeer:
:dizzy:

One day Troll, one day..............POW.

What is the difference?

Jonserds are assembled by big breasted blond Swedish women. Husky's are put together by nerdy guy's in lab coats.

I stopped in at TSC to ask about Husky returns and if I could buy them as is....they just got the 359s in and had not sold any yet but the guy said they had a half dozen 350s and 345/353s but the manager said they need to go to the Husky dealer for evaluation.......I went to the closest Husky dealer and they dropped them last month so.......who knows what is going to happen with Husqvarna now in this area

Maybe they will have "service centers"

Jonserds are assembled by big breasted blond Swedish women. Husky's are put together by nerdy guy's in lab coats.

Actually, the assambly lines are the same, with the same people.......

...it started in 1982, with the Jred 670 and 630, that was the 266se and 162se, with some changes, and gradually involved more models.....

Actually, the assambly lines are the same, with the same people.......

...it started in 1982, with the Jred 670 and 630, that was the 266se and 162se, with some changes, and gradually involved more models.....

Only on the days that they are assembling the JReds. ;)

Except for the ones assembled here in the US

They do it by weeks.....one week they wear orange jumpsuits and speak with Swedish accents.....the next week they wear yellow and black and speak with Cajun accents....the next week they wear red jump suits and back to Swedish again

Every 9th week the do the Wild Thing.....presumably naked with green and purple body paint

Back