Husky t540 Xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should stir the pot up some - it appears to be an elastostart handle on the t540...... Yes, looks exactly like that..

Hey guys I have one of the new t540's at work. It's a demo that the company I work for recieved from husky. Not much to look at or use IMO. Another thing is that it looks like husky copied stihl on some exterior designs. Please don't flame me its just my opinion. If y'all want pictures and some cut times compared to the 200t mm and 201t mm I would be oblidged to do that.

Hey guys I have one of the new t540's at work. It's a demo that the company I work for recieved from husky. Not much to look at or use IMO. Another thing is that it looks like husky copied stihl on some exterior designs. Please don't flame me its just my opinion. If y'all want pictures and some cut times compared to the 200t mm and 201t mm I would be oblidged to do that.

Pics would be nice!:rock:

Cant believe you guys haven't got them there yet. Here in the Uk we are normally behind you and not even got the 562xp yet.
540xp just beats the ms200 on timed cuts by 5-10%.
Havent got any pics as such but my local dealer website has a pic and very basic spec on there if that helps

Husqvarna T540 XP Top Handle Chainsaw

Video clip but not the one I was actually searching for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnH4tzgKXVc

Found it-This is prop what you want to see..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaoGM4ss818

Last edited:
Cant believe you guys haven't got them there yet. Here in the Uk we are normally behind you and not even got the 562xp yet.
540xp just beats the ms200 on timed cuts by 5-10%.
Havent got any pics as such but my local dealer website has a pic and very basic spec on there if that helps

Husqvarna T540 XP Top Handle Chainsaw

Video clip but not the one I was actually searching for...
Stihl MS200T vs Husqvarna T540 xp - YouTube

Found it-This is prop what you want to see..
Husqvarna T540XP V Stihl MS200T - YouTube

We won't ever have the 562, it's American market, it uses D009 mount and 3/8 as standard, our 560 is a K095 mount (smaller) and .325 as standard

We won't ever have the 562, it's American market, it uses D009 mount and 3/8 as standard, our 560 is a K095 mount (smaller) and .325 as standard

I think emissions play a major part aswell Eddy. D009 mount is only the same as what the 372 uses so not like its an uncommon mount or something that will be in short supply.
Whatever way you look at it the 560xp is a proven mistake with its faults and sometimes lack of Husqvarna back up in replacing the bits that failed. My dealer has them on special to get rid and hes 1 of the main importers that supply other dealers so I think theres something brewing in the pipeline. :confused:

I think emissions play a major part aswell Eddy. D009 mount is only the same as what the 372 uses so not like its an uncommon mount or something that will be in short supply.
Whatever way you look at it the 560xp is a proven mistake with its faults and sometimes lack of Husqvarna back up in replacing the bits that failed. My dealer has them on special to get rid and hes 1 of the main importers that supply other dealers so I think theres something brewing in the pipeline. :confused:

I have a 560, the manual covers the 560 and 562, the differences are the guidebar size and mount, the oil tank volume and chain pitch. Otherwise it's the same saw, fitted with the same carburettor and other parts. I would pitch my 560 (which is stock) against any other make or model of 60cc stock saw, and I will state it will outcut anything, sure some units have had problems, but even hodge and josh noon both admit when theirs worked they were better than any other saw, the t540xp will replace the 200t, and now they've got the auto tune sorted it'll be fine, sure there will be some duff units, but there always is with anything mass produced.
And you always hear about the duff saws over the good ones

I have a 560, the manual covers the 560 and 562, the differences are the guidebar size and mount, the oil tank volume and chain pitch. Otherwise it's the same saw, fitted with the same carburettor and other parts. I would pitch my 560 (which is stock) against any other make or model of 60cc stock saw, and I will state it will outcut anything, sure some units have had problems, but even hodge and josh noon both admit when theirs worked they were better than any other saw, the t540xp will replace the 200t, and now they've got the auto tune sorted it'll be fine, sure there will be some duff units, but there always is with anything mass produced.

It also has a slighty different clutch cover .I just visited a local arborist shop and hes had one t540xp back which broke a brake band (my 560 has broken 2) I had a feel of the demo t540xp felt nice great egronomics good and light. Nice saw.

It also has a slighty different clutch cover .I just visited a local arborist shop and hes had one t540xp back which broke a brake band (my 560 has broken 2) I had a feel of the demo t540xp felt nice great egronomics good and light. Nice saw.

Yeah, I forgot the side case, my local dealer has a few in stock, they look damn fine, and felt a bit lighter than the 200t, but my dealer leaves one fueled for testing, the handle is also a nice little extra, being able to adjust the size of grip from the gorilla paws of my step dad, to the fine little hands of my girlfriend

What about the muffler? If the 562 is U.S is it the same or more restricted?
Like you say the saw if working correctly is very good, just a shame they have there fault and it appears Husqvarna aren't in a rush to sort it out by doing simple thigs like beefing up the brake handle etc. As you say bad news travels faster than good news but its certainly showing up some repetitive faults on a lot of saws. I know they wont "recall" them as such but when theres a known fault you would think they would try harder to fix rather suffer the bad press.

a lot of people in the US would rather have the 560 anyway.....

People always want what they can't have. Pop a 555 air filter and cover on a 562 and away ya go. Small mount shmall mount :hmm3grin2orange:

What about the muffler? If the 562 is U.S is it the same or more restricted?
Like you say the saw if working correctly is very good, just a shame they have there fault and it appears Husqvarna aren't in a rush to sort it out by doing simple thigs like beefing up the brake handle etc. As you say bad news travels faster than good news but its certainly showing up some repetitive faults on a lot of saws. I know they wont "recall" them as such but when theres a known fault you would think they would try harder to fix rather suffer the bad press.

It's not the hand guard, it's the actual band, which they have beefed up, they've updated the starter, and carb programming, as for hot start problems, choke it, start, choke off, start, job done! It's poor communication regarding dealers that is the problem, my local dealer actually has the repair staff buy their own equipment, so the auto tune software probably won't be there, so consumable updated parts and such wont have a cat in hells chance of being available!

It's not the hand guard, it's the actual band, which they have beefed up, they've updated the starter, and carb programming, as for hot start problems, choke it, start, choke off, start, job done! It's poor communication regarding dealers that is the problem, my local dealer actually has the repair staff buy their own equipment, so the auto tune software probably won't be there, so consumable updated parts and such wont have a cat in hells chance of being available!

I knew what I meant, my fingers just typed summit different as was thinking at the time about fitting a new spring on the brake handle of a stihl 026 I had just had dropped off :bang:
Has it been sorted now then the brake band/starter issue? I read on arbtalk someone needing 5 brake bands on 1 saw so far.
How can a dealer expect staff to buy there own reader when it comes to the autotune, that's bad and the dealer will suffer in the long run. I would buy it if I worked there and tell people to meet me by the side door at lunchtime and take it home with me everyday..... :msp_sneaky:

Just looked it up £350 for the 550/560xp software...

Last edited:
I knew what I meant, my fingers just typed summit different as was thinking at the time about fitting a new spring on the brake handle of a stihl 026 I had just had dropped off :bang:
Has it been sorted now then the brake band/starter issue? I read on arbtalk someone needing 5 brake bands on 1 saw so far.
How can a dealer expect staff to buy there own reader when it comes to the autotune, that's bad and the dealer will suffer in the long run. I would buy it if I worked there and tell people to meet me by the side door at lunchtime and take it home with me everyday..... :msp_sneaky:

Just looked it up £350 for the 550/560xp software...

The one has, and does, he also takes the saws home to 'test' as I found out when he repaired the oil pipe/feed on mine, apparently mine was fantastic and he has a full log store, the mechanics do repairs on the side, but as its usually warranty with my stuff they do it at the dealers. The simple thing is by buying their own tools, should they leave, the tools are theirs, and they choose what they use, not just the cheapest option.

As for other people, one recently was saying that the band snapped, but the dealer had no idea of the upgraded parts and they didn't appear on the IPL, so the dealer argued he was trying to blag a free repair

Last edited:
Those video links for the 540 brought up all kinds of 540 videos. I'd lost interest in it and was about to go 201 but my interest has been renewed.:D

Latest posts

Back