• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 285CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send us a few?

That can be arranged. How many would you need?

Looking at the MO pump in the 2101XP IPL (picture 'E'), I see:

-Two 740 43 03-00 o-rings (one is at the bottom of the pump.........and usually is the culprit). These look to be available through normal channels.

-One 740 42 05-00 o-ring. These look to be NLA.

-One 740 42 07-00 o-ring. These also appear to be NLA.

Norm got the needed o-rings for his 2101XP from the shop in question a year or two ago. I'll talk to them soon about o-rings for my 2100CD (going to replace them as PM), and will make sure to get whatcha need at the same time. I'll also measure the OEM o-rings to see if we can match them up elsewhere (McMaster-Carr, etc).

I'd like a couple of sets Aaron. I've got a couple of gasket sets and those would be included.....

I'd like a couple of sets Aaron. I've got a couple of gasket sets and those would be included.....

Heck you're right. I got one of those gasket sets for my own saw. Forgot to look to see if the o-rings are in there. Should be. Will still inquire with the guys. Will also measure the OEM pieces so we can use generics in the future...

The o-ring are not in the kits I have Aaron. What I should have said, is that I would like some of those o-rings to add to the sets I have.

Wow is this saw still for sale? And the 2083 jred. Hope my luck holds out and I get some cash together before they are both gone. The 290 just hit creigslist tonight. Fingers crossed !!! :cool:

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

If a fellow's running a 32" or shorter bar on these saws then the MO isn't really needed. I like having the MO for the longer bars, and when doing long cuts in hard/dirty wood (keep your mind out of the gutter). Plus, I'm used to older saws that have MO's, and big saws without 'em just don't feel "right". The leaks can be frustrating, but they're usually solved with new o-rings.

Wow. Somebody actually disliked my post (must hate manual oilers). I'm absolutely crushed..........:D

This may be a silly question, but how can you tell the manual oiler is leaking? I've got oiler headaches on my 2100.

:dizzy: that makes sense. I was thinking the other way, oil in to gas might cause my smoking issue .....which is a much more concerning problem. I think it's just too rich.

Would you consider a rebuilt 152/153 sachs/dolmar.....has a fir amount of nos parts but missing right side of full wrap handle and small crack in clutch cover....do have picts. figured i'd ask!

sap can

Not really. I'm holding out to either trade for a certain model, sell, or install a ported 2100 top end.....then sell.

Back