Husqvarna 346 OE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Perfect weather to haul some fire wood. Good ole Dodge 150 2 wheel drive. The truck bed resembles the waves in the ocean. Knocked down a 27" at the butt fir tree with my Husqvarna 61 that I was testing. The Husqvarna 61 I took would not start after I fell the tree. :msp_sad: Finished the cutting of the entire tree with my limbing saw. Perched on top of the load is a Husqvarna model 346 OE with 18" bar.:heart:

woodhaulingSept52012016.jpg

Yes, OE or NE...both are very capable of cutting 15-18" hardwood.

Have you deleted the base gasket or done a MM? I sometimes think the OE's attitude changes more with those mods than does the NE. I'm not saying the OE comes out faster, but they are surprisingly strong for a 45cc saw.

Have you deleted the base gasket or done a MM? I sometimes think the OE's attitude changes more with those mods than does the NE. I'm not saying the OE comes out faster, but they are surprisingly strong for a 45cc saw.

This saw is a stock to my knowledge OE 346xp. 42mm piston. I don't know how to MM saws and no removal of the base gasket was done. I inspected the top end removed when I installed the metal clamp on the intake and it was in top shape with no changes to the ports. Combination of a sharp chain, practical bar length and good fuel mix makes this little saw a big saw in my books.
I do know I had to change the small coil on the Husqvarna 61 to get it to spark again. Started and restarted fine at home. First time for me doing that small coil. Usually it is the larger ignition coil on the left of the flywheel that goes. Will have to take the 61 out again soon to test it. The 346xp will be there too.

Last edited:

I agree, that's all I did to mine, really no need to do any port more.

The 346 OE 45cc -One of my very favorite saws. I have a 16" bar on mine, and it rips. Other than being a little finicky to start sometimes, I can't find anything wrong with it. Mine is stock, other than I opened up the muffler a little bit. One of the last saws I'd ever part with.

The truck is awesome too. The old Dodges are tanks!

That 87 Dodge truck is a tank. I installed rear Hellwig brand helper or overload springs years ago that increased my payload by an additional 3500+ pounds. The Dodge has an antislip or limited slip factory rear end, Factory ralley rims with 8 ply rear Pirelli Scorpion tires, 6 ply Uniroyal Laredos in the front. A 318 motor that I have never put gasoline in...........................the motor is on factory propane. No traditional tailgate. I made a tailgate from two boards with steel flat bar joining the two. I use the wood tailgate to roll my larger firewood rounds on the truck. The actual reason for the wood tailgate is another story. Tough to find another truck like this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back