husqvarna 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you put a new plastic one on or the new metal one?

The plastic ones are known to give problems over time, as evidenced by your experience, and the metal ones last the life of the saw usually.

i put a metal one on it but that wasn't the problem i thought it was fixed but its still doing it not as bad but enough i cant keep it adjusted right

when i got the saw it had a cheap aftermarket cylinder for a 350 on it, i put a oem 42mm piston and cylinder on it the cheap cylinder did not lean out when sidways but did not have any power

don't have a vacuum tester i blocked the exhaust and intake off and put 15psi in the spark plug and sprayed it down with soapy water. does anyone know if you can put the 42mm cylinder on a 2010 346xp with no issues

i did notice a difference between the 2 cylinders idk if that would make any difference or not

Attachments

• Husqvarna Cylinder Damage v2.jpg
    Husqvarna Cylinder Damage v2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 47
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 49
in my opinion the saw needs a vac and pressure test to rule out seals,case gasket,cylinder base gasket,intake boot. im afraid your chasing your tale if you can not rule these things out for certain in order to move on to fuel lines and carb functionality. also if the saw doesnt seem to do this until it gets good and warm you may need to think about getting it warmed up and acting up then look for the problem.

i got this kit to pressure-vac test the saw, what should it hold and for how long on pressure and vac

Attachments

• IMG_2043.JPG
    IMG_2043.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Now you're talking. I meant no disrespect on the 42 mm 346, just wondered why you wouldn't go with OEM 44.3 mm, their price was lowered this Jan to about 105$ delivered. I just put this combo on a 350 chassis and I can tell you this saw rips. Lightweight , powerful, good feel and balance, my new favorite firewood saw. I understand going with what you got but if you get the chance I would suggest you read up on the threads related to the 350 and the 346, lots of good reading.

Now you're talking. I meant no disrespect on the 42 mm 346, just wondered why you wouldn't go with OEM 44.3 mm, their price was lowered this Jan to about 105$ delivered. I just put this combo on a 350 chassis and I can tell you this saw rips. Lightweight , powerful, good feel and balance, my new favorite firewood saw. I understand going with what you got but if you get the chance I would suggest you read up on the threads related to the 350 and the 346, lots of good reading.
thanks i do want to put the 44.3mm on it id like to find the leak first, ill check out the 350-346 threads

Back