Husqvarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re a dime a dozen. Tons of them out there. It’s kinda a bastard saw. Too much plastic for most serious cutters and they had some major flaws like the muffler. Love mine though. 346 top end and muffler mod make them a dandy tag along saw.

They’re a dime a dozen. Tons of them out there. It’s kinda a bastard saw. Too much plastic for most serious cutters and they had some major flaws like the muffler. Love mine though. 346 top end and muffler mod make them a dandy tag along saw.
I put the Highway 45mm cylinder with pop up piston and a duel port muffler on it I thought it would be a great saw to build but I agree with the alot of plastics

The one I just fixed runs, cuts awesome, a new carb boot, carb manifold/ clamp, fuel line, filter, base gasket, clutch drum, bearing, added some new plastics she’s a looker and a runner. I think there worth fixing or building. There great project saws no special tools needed to work on them. I repaired it with all new parts. Since I’d never would get my money back we will all use it.
I like the husky 570’s too, I like the underdogs.

Why is it so hard to sell this model saw?

I think they sell locally, just fine. It is a great homeowner saw...but, why would a homeowner buy a $150 saw on-line and pay an extra 30 bucks, shipping? When they can drive down the road, just a bit, and buy one in-person off CL?

They are, truly, everywhere.

Roy

Most of the 350’s online don’t run. Even if they say it runs it may need work. It’s a pig in a poke chance we get a runner. A local pawn shop here had a 359 for $200 and she runs, couldn’t pass that up. I notice the better models are either $200 or $500. But it’s a waiting game till one shows up unmolested.

Do they still sell new ones? $?

They are a very good saw with a metal intake clamp and secure the muffler studs. Put a 346xp topend on and they will do everything a 346xp will do.

Here is one that is canon proofed. Drilled a hole in the studs, put a 17 gauge wire, with a fence crimp along with a metal intake clamp and a 346xp topend and it is good to go. IMO they are a better saw than some of these new POS EPA saws. They are simple to work on, plenty of parts.

JkT03OI.jpg

Looks like the muffler bolds have a habit of vibrating loose? The wire securing is a good idea. I have one of those wire twisting pliers somewhere. The usgi equipment used securing bolts that way.

Looks like the muffler bolds have a habit of vibrating loose? The wire securing is a good idea. I have one of those wire twisting pliers somewhere. The usgi equipment used securing bolts that way.
I’ve done dozens of rebuilds on this model, never had a muffler come loose yet. Run it till it’s up to temp, then re-torque the bolts, problem solved. You could also add the 346 muffler brace with the leg cut off one side, they run about $3.00.

How come this Model seems to fail so much?
Is the carb manifold plastic clamp and boot setup that causes an air leak?
The one I just repaired runs awesome. These homeowner saws still crank out 13,000 rpm stock like the more expensive saws.

How come this Model seems to fail so much?
Is the carb manifold plastic clamp and boot setup that causes an air leak?
The one I just repaired runs awesome. These homeowner saws still crank out 13,000 rpm stock like the more expensive saws.
I attribute the high failure rate to them being homeowner saws run by homeowners. The “ flaws “ in design are easily and cheaply fixed, and can be avoided by experienced operators that recognize when said saw is about to self destruct. I’ll take any 350 that these same homeowners have run into the ground and rebuild them for well under $100, and make them better than new. They are light, powerful , easy to work on machines with an unlimited supply of both aftermarket and OEM parts. What’s not to like?

I attribute the high failure rate to them being homeowner saws run by homeowners. The “ flaws “ in design are easily and cheaply fixed, and can be avoided by experienced operators that recognize when said saw is about to self destruct. I’ll take any 350 that these same homeowners have run into the ground and rebuild them for well under $100, and make them better than new. They are light, powerful , easy to work on machines with an unlimited supply of both aftermarket and OEM parts. What’s not to like?
+1

let’s not tell too many what a good project saw these are for the price. We need to keep this hushed up. Just kidding lol there good for beginners who want to learn too. Don’t let your tools get rusty. Funny when I was in trade school in the late 60’s for auto mechanics sears sold a clear coating for your tools to prevent rust. Of course I don’t see it anymore.

Tekton tools has those long Allen 3/8” dr sockets cheap.

I have one for sale real nice saw

Sure like my little 350/346xp. Favourite saw to use.
Not that common up here. I’ve been looking for a 350 or 353. Haven’t found one yet.
Shipping is a killer from the states nowadays so that’s out.

Back