Husqvarna 365 special fuel tank.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strtspdlx

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a fuel tank off an online auction site several months ago and it is an aftermarket tank. If I remember correctly it was from Hong Kong but I can't find the listing now. Anyway I put it on lastnight after tuning the saw to a good time with the factory tank. The factory tank was cracking around the trigger and I was afraid it was going to break in half at some point. So I put it on and now the saw runs dead rich even with the high and low screws turned out a max of 3/4 turn out from seated. And it won't quite idle. I'm assuming it would be the tank but I don't have a manual for the saw so I don't know how to pressure/vacuum test the tank. If someone could let me know the values that would be appreciated. I tried cracking the tank cap and didn't hear a hiss or see any signs of pressure build up. I tried blowing through the fuel supply line and it was letting pressure out of the bent but not much. It still had a buildup of pressure just pushing it through by breathing pretty much.

Regards-Carlo

I bought a fuel tank off an online auction site several months ago and it is an aftermarket tank. If I remember correctly it was from Hong Kong but I can't find the listing now. Anyway I put it on lastnight after tuning the saw to a good time with the factory tank. The factory tank was cracking around the trigger and I was afraid it was going to break in half at some point. So I put it on and now the saw runs dead rich even with the high and low screws turned out a max of 3/4 turn out from seated. And it won't quite idle. I'm assuming it would be the tank but I don't have a manual for the saw so I don't know how to pressure/vacuum test the tank. If someone could let me know the values that would be appreciated. I tried cracking the tank cap and didn't hear a hiss or see any signs of pressure build up. I tried blowing through the fuel supply line and it was letting pressure out of the bent but not much. It still had a buildup of pressure just pushing it through by breathing pretty much.

Regards-Carlo
I put an after market tank on my 372 it had an orange elbow with a short black piece of hose on it ,the elbow was part of the vent setup,I removed the elbow and hose and the 372 seems to run fine,I don't know if this info will help your situation,but if the saw ran OK prior to fitting the new tank ,then it could well be the breather.
I have bought a few tanks for assorted saws and the breather's are pretty crude.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

This isn't the first time I hear of trouble with aftermarket tank assamblys - usually it is the throttle related parts that don't work properly.

Well this tank has a very crude feeling throttle. It works but it is very hard to tell where full throttle and half throttle is with the saw off.

Regards-Carlo

I put an after market tank on my 372 it had an orange elbow with a short black piece of hose on it ,the elbow was part of the vent setup,I removed the elbow and hose and the 372 seems to run fine,I don't know if this info will help your situation,but if the saw ran OK prior to fitting the new tank ,then it could well be the breather.
I have bought a few tanks for assorted saws and the breather's are pretty crude.

My tank has the same setup. I took off the black hose and turned the 90 degree fitting for proper fit under the carb base. I can't find the auction I bought it from so I'm probably stick with it. So I may try taking off that fitting. Worst case scenario is I have to get a tank that is an oem part.

Regards-Carlo

The tank should have no affect at all on carb tuning, unless the vent is clogged, but that would make it run lean.

That's what I had thought honestly. And to my understanding the caps are just caps. They aren't vented or serve any purpose besides keeping fuel in the tank. So I'm a bit befuddled by the results I'm getting.

Regards-Carlo

Well this tank has a very crude feeling throttle. It works but it is very hard to tell where full throttle and half throttle is with the saw off.

Regards-Carlo
It simply is crap, isn't it - and as far as I know those tank units usually are. Much heavier than the original as well, because of crappy and cheap plastic.

Behind the elbow fitting there should be a metallic gauze covering the breather tube.
I'm not saying this will solve your problem,but I have found that these breathers are trouble some.
The throttle Cable's aren't always the correct length either.

Regards-Carlo

Ditch it, and get a proper one - write it up on the "learning account". China made aftermarket parts never are any good - they are just made to suck money out of you for no real return.

The poor bastards that are trying to copy the stuff knows nothing about how it is supposed to work - they just try to copy what is handed to them, under appalling conditions, and with heavy and brittle plastics.

365-372 tanks should be plentiful in the used market. You could probably buy one for $40 in decent shape.

365-372 tanks should be plentiful in the used market. You could probably buy one for $40 in decent shape.

I have been searching eBay. My factory tank is missing the throttle safety and it had a small crack around it. Within 3-4 uses it cracked all the way down to the seam so I felt it was time. Apparently I was wrong so it may be going back on until I find a new one.

Regards-Carlo

Well I knocked that 90* elbow off the fuel tank. That alone made a huge improvement. The saw will Atleast idle now and doesn't load up after sitting for awhile. Doesn't leak any fuel out of the vent either. I'll run a few tanks this weekend and see how it all works out

Regards-Carlo

Back