Husqvarna 372XP (non XT) good price or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure if I only used an auto-tune saw several times a year it would last more than 10-15yrs.
Not sure why you would make a statement like that :oops: .
It’s kind of a general and uneducated statement I admit. However, I’d love to hear some accounts of autotunes still running flawlessly from 2010 or earlier. There are overwhelming accounts of normal carbed saws lasting 20, 30, 40 years. I’m an electronic tech for a living. I just don’t see electronic solenoids on saws being a long term investment. Like I said before, to me, and I’m nobody, just offering an opinion… the auto saws are probably great for pros putting a couple thousand hours on one in a hurry but electronics become obsolete in a hurry too. Kinda like the first generations of autotune, who’s running them? who’s keeping them in service? Maybe they are but if we talk about longevity, durability, dependability and long proven track records, let’s hear about it. A 572xp bought in 2019 and still doing great is not impressive or quite yet a testament to the longevity that I will invest in. Just sayin’.

Don’t mean to ruffle feathers, I’m just old school. I don’t expect everyone to share my opinions.

It’s kind of a general and uneducated statement I admit. However, I’d love to hear some accounts of autotunes still running flawlessly from 2010 or earlier. There are overwhelming accounts of normal carbed saws lasting 20, 30, 40 years. I’m an electronic tech for a living. I just don’t see electronic solenoids on saws being a long term investment. Like I said before, to me, and I’m nobody, just offering an opinion… the auto saws are probably great for pros putting a couple thousand hours on one in a hurry but electronics become obsolete in a hurry too. Kinda like the first generations of autotune, who’s running them? who’s keeping them in service? Maybe they are but if we talk about longevity, durability, dependability and long proven track records, let’s hear about it. A 572xp bought in 2019 and still doing great is not impressive or quite yet a testament to the longevity that I will invest in. Just sayin’.
This is how I feel about cars too. New cars will go seriously further mileage with less repairs needed, if the mileage is put on in a short amount of time. TIME is now the more pertinent factor in when vehicles deteriorate, due to the electronics.

Saws are likely in the same boat, however they are still such simple machines that I wouldn't worry about it.

Why put a time on it then, why not rather just say whet you just did.

I had to take my 562XP in to the shop, the dreaded fines past the air filter. Anyway, drained the fuel out of it, poured it in my 27yr old 257 and it started 3rd pull.....cutting with it for a day made me appreciate the advancements in the newer saws, but she still runs like a top!

Latest posts

Back