• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll get fourth in line...man I saw this when it went up yesterday, and almost jumped on. Thought about it a little to long!

If a fellow asks for the 'bottom line price' and respects it (either paying that price or passing on it without further haggling) then I don't have a problem with it. What really bugs me is when some guy asks, "what's the absolute lowest you'll take?"....................................and then fires back an offer that's lower (often 10-20% lower or more) after receiving an answer. That's a jackass. 'Bottom line' means THE BOTTOM LINE.

I went to HS with a guy like that. He used to take me with him when going to look at motorcycles for sale. He pulled the "what's your bottom line?"............followed by a lowball offer thing several times. We were just about thrown off people's property a couple times. He'd tell me that he needed me to go with him for technical advice (blowing smoke up my ass). In actuality.............he was bringing me along to protect him from getting his ass beat. After the second time he pulled that ****, I told him to find somebody else for protection, or he'd be going by himself next time........

i

LOL. say i'm selling something for $500 and a guy throw's me an offer of $400. i will usually meet in half way or better. if a guy sends me a message asking my bottom dollar my bottom dollar will be $499 :laugh:. it happens all to much. i was selling an outboard not long ago and a guy messaged me asking my bottom dollar and i made him negotiate. was asking $2000 IIRC. after he asked my bottom dollar i exlained how i frowned on that and just want an offer. i told him it's not easy to negotiate with some people but it usually brings ya a better price. after 3 or more replies of saying "i don't know" i finally got him to throw me an offer which was something like $25 less then what i was asking. just to mess with him i replied bck saying how about $1700 which was less then his offer :laugh:. must have scared him making me think i'm a mad man cause he never replied back after that. LOL

Lol. A good friend of mine has a large Stihl/husky dealership where I bought over 100 new saws. Anyway, if I haggled over the price he'd just say, "Look, Do You Want the F' en thing or Not???

I think if you're looking to sell something you're at the mercy of the buyer. To get butt hurt about any response is pretentious IMO. You wanna sell it or not? That being said it looks like most things reasonably priced move quickly here and those that aren't don't. I'm a rook so I have none exp dealing here but IMO to call someone out on trying to feel someone out is baggy, as is trying to undercut someone who has something you actually need.

Latest posts

Back