Husqvarna 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What are good shape 395's selling for these days? There's one I may go look at tomorrow depending on some input.
Also, there's a used 066 at a local shop for $500 in good overall shape.
This is probably going to be my last big purchase before I go on unemployment in a month or two so it needs to be money well spent. As always, the saw is not needed but can and will be put to use. After fixin the recoil on the 2095 today I'm fiending really bad for a more modern higher revving big saw...:greenchainsaw::hmm3grin2orange::chainsawguy:

Well I sold a Husky 394 last month for $450 so since the 395 is newer, and assuming its in good shape, maybe $500-550. I also sold a newer 066 in real nice shape it had the newer style crankcase and the poly flywheel and I got $650 for that. I also had an old style frankinstein saw 066 that I got only $500 for. So there you have it!:dizzy:

What are good shape 395's selling for these days? There's one I may go look at tomorrow depending on some input.
This is probably going to be my last big purchase before I go on unemployment in a month or two so it needs to be money well spent. As always, the saw is not needed but can and will be put to use. After fixin the recoil on the 2095 today I'm fiending really bad for a more modern higher revving big saw...:greenchainsaw::hmm3grin2orange::chainsawguy:

If you going on unemployment save the money? You don't need it, you said that yourself.

Like I said, last big purchase before unemployment- tell me you can't make back the beer money with firewood sales that the saw is cutting. :givebeer:

Are we talking ebay prices or real world? I don't 'ebay' so that market is unrealistic to me.
Thanks for the responses.
:cheers:

You need to do a search for the RPMs of the 395 and 2095. The 066 does not play in the 2095 and 395 stable, they give it no respect.

Last edited:
Yeah the 2095 'supposedly' redlines at 13k, I dunno if I believe that or not...

Having them both, I do. The 066 is the easiest to operate and has been the most durable for me.

Speed through the wood-

Most part failures-
2095, hands down the most fragile. Stupid expensive cast handles and anti-vibe mounting areas.
395, why I own loctite.

066, what it lacks in performance it makes up for in reliability and availability.

Having them both, I do. The 066 is the easiest to operate and has been the most durable for me.

Speed through the wood-

Most part failures-
2095, hands down the most fragile. Stupid expensive cast handles and anti-vibe mounting areas.
395, why I own loctite.

066, what it lacks in performance it makes up for in reliability and availability.

Ported work saw!

2095, hands down the most fragile. Stupid cast handles and anti-vibe mounting areas.

The av and the muffler are the weaknesses I've noticed, you really think it'll outcut a 395? Long term plan is use the big Johnny for milling and get an 066/395 with a 20-24'' and an 8 pin for cuttin up loads of logs really fast...

The av and the muffler are the weaknesses I've noticed, you really think it'll outcut a 395? Long term plan is use the big Johnny for milling and get an 066/395 with a 20-24'' and an 8 pin for cuttin up loads of logs really fast...

I do not have any of the newest 395s but when I was knee deep in those saws the 2095 was the fastest with a 20"-24" bar. The 395 was more pleasant to operate. The margin of speed between those two was very small. They both would walk away from 066s. Around here Jonsered lost a lot of customers when they discontinued the 2095 and tried to replace it with the 2186. A sad effort at best, a dismal seller with almost zero repeat customers.

Personally, if you want a saw to use often and hard I would not recommend the 2095 as parts are becoming scarce and expensive. More and more NLA parts listed every time I check.

Where I am located 066s are the most common and cheapest to own and operate. Parts are everywhere. It is my favorite 90cc saw to use. If Husqvarna has a good presence in your area than a 395 would be a better option than trying to milk a hard used 2095. Just do not expect a bunch more power from the 395 engine unless the 2095 is used up.

Are we talking ebay prices or real world? I don't 'ebay' so that market is unrealistic to me.
Thanks for the responses.
Real world! All the saws I mentioned were sold on craigslist in the CT area. I usually will try Craigslist first then if I have no luck I'll usually get more than I was trying to get on CL for it. There's an 066 for sale now near me:

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls/1425709305.html

Ahmen to that !!!

If ya like vibrating your hands to death, and getting whitefinger get the 066. If you like having feeling in your hands, get the 395.

When I was busheling with 394 I got real spoiled on how smooth they were . One time I grabbed a friends 066 Mag. to buck a top out of the road , when I fired it up I almost dropped it ,, I turned it over thinking there was a stick caught in it making it vibrate so much ,, Nope , just a hand destroyer !!! . My 460 s arn,t as bad as the 660 s IMO , don,t know why , The 681 Solo is smoother than the 460 ,as it has spring mounts ,

Thanks for the replies folks!
More or less the 395 is a pretty good deal and seeing you guy's quoted prices I should be able to get my money back on it even after it pays for itself...
I'll post some pics if I get it. (If it hasn't sold while I've been on here bs'n):clap:
I guess it wasn't just my imagination that the ol' 2095 is such a ripper- sort of figured it just seemed so mean because I've never really got to run another 90cc+ saw...:givebeer:

When I was busheling with 394 I got real spoiled on how smooth they were . One time I grabbed a friends 066 Mag. to buck a top out of the road , when I fired it up I almost dropped it ,, I turned it over thinking there was a stick caught in it making it vibrate so much ,, Nope , just a hand destroyer !!! . My 460 s arn,t as bad as the 660 s IMO , don,t know why , The 681 Solo is smoother than the 460 ,as it has spring mounts ,

Yup I agree. I have a 046mag and it doesn't bother me at all. I had an 066, I had to sell it, it really bothered my hands.

.My Ace Morgan hot roded 394 Huskies were almost unbelievable in how fast and powerful and smooth they were ..... They were snappy as a hopped up 288 or 460 stihl , but still smooth and ripping chains in half , blowing up sprockets powerfull.... I,ve had 5, 394s . 3 were stock , but I put a modified jug on one of the stock saws ...... . Even stock they are awesome as far as putting the wood on the ground .......... They definatly have the 660s beat on the stump , some of the stihls may out last the 394/395s by a small amount , but they burn just as much gas , the handle bars are too close together with a 36" or longer bar and they vibrate too much ..............

Latest posts

Back