Husqvarna 395XP Made in Brazil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures as well. I was wondering if it would have the "jungle" muffler on it.

:laughing: "Jungle muffler "
Nice! That may catch on.
Better patent that saying before PILTZ uses it for marketing...lol
No pun but it just sounds bad azz!
It's hard to catch the rain forest on fire. you are more likely to drown or die in a slide.

Welcome to the forum FM.
I've never seen a Brazilian 395, but there are many others models out of Brazil that have been good saws.
It surprises me that a dealer is selling them though, and they didn't say something up front.
Did you get a deal on it or was it at the normal cost.
We would like to see pictures of it as well, at least I would anyway.
Personally I wouldn't run it. I've haven't owned a 395(yet :))but I've heard nothing of them being made in Brazil and I would expect to buy one made in Sweden myself. Usually the guys buy a saw in Brazil because it is no longer made here but they are still manufacturing and selling them there, the 288 is the main one I'm aware of, but if it's a current model here we have no need to get one from Brazil and I see no advantage unless is was a real bargain or you wanted to be different.

Do you think husky US will work on a Brazilian saw, I'm not sure they will.
It's a saw specifically made for US market so GTFO
Lol
How's things Brett?

I see your point but don't agree with some of your statements You are obviously not into anything outside the US but for a county that imports the amount of Chinese kit your country does i cannot see your point. Where I amin the world a Husky dealer refusing to do warranty work on a Husky saw no matter where it was made or where it was purchased would find himself in bother from the head office & wouldn't remain a dealer for to long In fact it happened to a dealer some 10 miles away, from a husky dealer he's now an agent for some Chinese label There may have been other reasons but turning away Warranty was involved The worlds mechanicals unfortunately don't now end at the east/west shores of the US similar to the UK. In my before retirement job in the early years 1950/60's the machine tools used were of US manufacture near retirement Japanese units were used as they were better quality & cheaper price & after all you are buying a Swedish designed saw that I 'm pretty sure if it was All assembled in the US Which it probably was not I don't think all the components are US produced But at days end you are the one making the decision I hope you are happy with what ever you decide My take would be run it like you stole it & worry about the warranty if it "coughs" in my experience if it does it wiil be some 1to 2 month outside the warranty :)
Feel free to disagree, also take note that many of your own statements are not congruent with another.
I'm a huge fan of Japanese products(for an example outside of saws), but there are folks who will still not support a Japanese company based on things in our countries history, that's their choice, if they loose business, who cares, at least they stood by their beliefs and didn't cave to a system that says they must do it a certain way. It would seem to me the dealer near you must have had good reason for what he did, but there is often more under the surface if one cares to look, but regardless to start selling Chinese stuff wouldn't get me in the door. I'm sure some dealers here in the states have lost a husky dealership for one reason or another, a franchise is typically subject to those in control, this is why I'm not a big fan of many franchises as they always have the final say.
You are obviously missing the point, the OP thought he was buying a Swedish made saw and got a Brazilian one, I have no problem buying a Brazilian one if that's what it is that's what it is. If I went to get a Honda Accord (I'm a big Honda fan by the way) and I was under the impression it was made in Japan I would have quite the surprise, but it is what it is, a car made/assembled almost 100% in the US.
I still have options and I get to make choices, I enjoy this. Even though some of those choices may not make sense to others they are my choices and I get to make them, I hope you enjoy your choices.
I agree about the warranty expiration, that does seem to be the case:sucks:.
You do realize I don't own one, and that this is not my thread, and most likely never will as I'd want the Swedish model if I was to get one first(but would own a Brazilian one only from a collectors standpoint). But I would also run the heck out of it, because it ain't mine:lol:.

:laughing: "Jungle muffler "
Nice! That may catch on.
Better patent that saying before PILTZ uses it for marketing...lol
No pun but it just sounds bad azz!
It's hard to catch the rain forest on fire. you are more likely to drown or die in a slide.

It's a saw specifically made for US market so GTFO
Lol
How's things Brett?
I didn't coin it, or I would patent it, but wait that doesn't seem to stop others from copying peoples intellectual property so yea I said it first, it's my word, please make the royalty checks out to chipper1 @arboristsite.com:laughing:.
I can't imagine starting a rain forest on fire, that would lead to more global warm I'm certain though :crazy2:.
I was unaware they started production there for the states, I wonder if the locals can even buy one lol.
Doing well Jamie you too? Just selling a few Swedish saws, I even have one with an Italian cylinder I'll be listing soon :).

A quote from a member in another chainsaw forum, June 2017.
" I am a member of the Husqvarna dealer council and I talked to one of the guys while at corporate in Charlotte several months ago and the next generation should be out in less than 2 years. Hoping for this year. 595xp will be sick. They will make the 395's and 372's for about a year alongside the new big 5 series saws. The remaining 395s are also being made in Brazil. Have sold 10 of the made in Brazil 395s so far 0 issues.
Sadly the 3120 may disappear in a number of years. Currently no plans for a 5 series 3120."

Thought I remembered that post. Here is pic of said saws tag https://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/husqvarna/brazil-made-395/

brazilian made saws by husky or stihl arent any inferior than the german or swedish counter part
with the tag off most of us cant tell where it came from
im surprised the 395xp didnt come with tube style muffler used in EU and Asia, maybe it got to do with emission control in USA ?
some regions brochure for 395xp has lower power rating compare to other regions

Not sure why Little Al has chosen to take this discussion off the rails and go political with a senseless anti-US rant. But that's something we've come to expect over here. :(

There are no reasons that dealers would not work on a saw from Brazil. It is shipped and warranted by Husky same as if it was assembled anywhere else. (and they cost the same as well) This is no different than some saws coming from the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia way back in the 80's.

As far as the mufflers go, the saw must come with the same set up for the US regardless of where it's made. Saws have different specifications for various markets around the world. The boxes have a "country code" on them and they will do a run of saws for this market or that and off they go.

Not sure why Little Al has chosen to take this discussion off the rails and go political with a senseless anti-US rant. But that's something we've come to expect over here. :(

There are no reasons that dealers would not work on a saw from Brazil. It is shipped and warranted by Husky same as if it was assembled anywhere else. (and they cost the same as well) This is no different than some saws coming from the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia way back in the 80's.

As far as the mufflers go, the saw must come with the same set up for the US regardless of where it's made. Saws have different specifications for various markets around the world. The boxes have a "country code" on them and they will do a run of saws for this market or that and off they go.
I agree.

No reason to not work on a saw from Brazil, or this saw/any other saw that was produced there for our market.
What if the saw was one of the lower end models many dealers don't want to deal with.

What no jungle mufflers here lol, I guess that's what the bay is for if someone really wanted one. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Muffler-for...105630?hash=item2822b6edde:g:RfEAAOSwN2VZObz7

There are no reasons that dealers would not work on a saw from Brazil. It is shipped and warranted by Husky same as if it was assembled anywhere else. (and they cost the same as well) This is no different than some saws coming from the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia way back in the 80's...

It's not an anti US rant. His point was we are so used to receiving products from all over the world here in Europe, that the reaction some U.S. members here had to a Brazilian saw is a bit confusing - especially the concern that the dealer would not warranty it since most Europeans are well aware Husky has a plant in Brasil. Saws from Brasil have been visiting Europe for quite some time. I have an old Brazilian Husky I picked up in the UK not long ago. Husky has had a Brazilian factory for a long while, and it is rather unlikely a Husqvarna dealer would be surprised to see one if they knew their stuff.

In other words, to a European, the thread started with a rather racist feel to it. But, with all the news we see about the states these days, I am not sure he should have been surprised ;)

WYK(originally from Texas)

It just seems to me that buying a saw designed in Sweden should come from Sweden. But I'm sure if Husky, which I'm sure they are, are on top of the production in Brazil, all is well. But it still bothers me a bit.

Some Stihl saws come from Virginia Beach but for whatever reason that seems different.

It's not an anti US rant. His point was we are so used to receiving products from all over the world here in Europe, that the reaction some U.S. members here had to a Brazilian saw is a bit confusing - especially the concern that the dealer would not warranty it since most Europeans are well aware Husky has a plant in Brasil. Saws from Brasil have been visiting Europe for quite some time. I have an old Brazilian Husky I picked up in the UK not long ago. Husky has had a Brazilian factory for a long while, and it is rather unlikely a Husqvarna dealer would be surprised to see one if they knew their stuff.

In other words, to a European, the thread started with a rather racist feel to it. But, with all the news we see about the states these days, I am not sure he should have been surprised ;)

I am sorry if I said anything that was racist or sounded racist, if you knew me you would know that I'm not, I have friends from all over the world :).

For the most part the only pro saws we see here from husky are made in Sweden. I am fully aware that they have a plant in Brazil and I have seen Brazilian saws and parts here that doesn't surprise me. I was genuinely asking about the warranty because I've not know of a Brazilian saw sold here in our market that was a current production saw, and meant no sarcasm what's so ever, just trying to learn.
I also was saying I wouldn't run it, meaning until I was made aware that it would carry a warranty here.
Basically as the OP was asking what's up with a Brazilian 395, it's something new to us here as we haven't seen them, no harm in that:cheers:.

It just seems to me that buying a saw designed in Sweden should come from Sweden. But I'm sure if Husky, which I'm sure they are, are on top of the production in Brazil, all is well. But it still bothers me a bit.

Some Stihl saws come from Virginia Beach but for whatever reason that seems different.

Imagine what it's like for us. Sweden is a couple hours away, after all. But another thing Europeans know is the Scandinavians have a frightfully high standard of living, and are often at the top of quality of life lists(I've many Scandinavian friends that have worked with me as 'woofers' for forestry here in Ireland). So Swedish saws will definitely be more expensive to make at home.

I apologies if my post came across as a rant It was never intended the above states exactly my point i'm not spouting my gob off without knowledge of the US having been employed from 1960/77 by McDonnell Douglas & Lockheed ,8 years at the Skunk works on rectification on the SR71 "Blackbird" the attitude of years back tended in some cases to if it"s not made in the US it's not as good. i thought with all the imports of various kit that have proved equal if not better than a US product & in some cases the US now don't produce that product any more it would be viewed like we do with a CE marked product here in France on Performance/Reliability rather than country of Manufacture/Assembly is still in some cases still around & to the OP we have a total of 10 Husky saws for our Fallers 2 of which are non Swedish assembly & both have performed equal to the Swedish ones In fact better than 1

Wow! He plays the race card!

Well if that's truly the case, then the problem resides in Europe, not with this thread.

I mean really, racist? Nazis/Fascists next maybe? What are you guys gonna do when you run out of labels for people you disagree with? How about Romulans and Klingons? :surprised3:

Wow! He plays the race card!

Well if that's truly the case, then the problem resides in Europe, not with this thread.

I mean really, racist? Nazis/Fascists next maybe? What are you guys gonna do when you run out of labels for people you disagree with? How about Romulans and Klingons? :surprised3:

Could have been worse - I could have overreacted....

Interesting thread, never knew Husqvarna had a plant in Brazil, but of course Stihl has for decades, originally setting up there to avoid tarriff from imports, they were making cylinders there too and the QC of everything is fine and yes some models from Brazil had larger ports on the muffler, my made in Brazil 038 Mag II has the triple port muffler and the 066 has the "jungle muffler" in the old IPLs.

Back