Husqvarna 450e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2pine4u

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience, comments about the Husqvarna 450e? I am considering it as a gift to my husband.

We have recently aquired a 40 acre farm that has several wooded acres and may be using a wood burning heating system. I am looking for a
middle of the road machine rather than a professional chainsaw.

Appreciate some experienced feedback!!

i bought my brother one and it is a decent little saw. you will hear it alot on here about buying proffesional saws. i have a husky 350 that has cut an unbelievable amount of wood without a problem. but if i wanted a new saw i would spend the couple extra bucks and buy a husky 353 or 346xp, they are just a better saw but it is your choice and cant go wrong either way.

Does anyone have any experience, comments about the Husqvarna 450e? I am considering it as a gift to my husband.

We have recently aquired a 40 acre farm that has several wooded acres and may be using a wood burning heating system. I am looking for a
middle of the road machine rather than a professional chainsaw.

Appreciate some experienced feedback!!

If you could get it without the "e", it would be a better saw.

As I doubt that is possible, I would like to stear you towards the 353, and even the 346xp! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Without the e

Why? The 450 is made without the 'e'. But what's the difference?:jester:

If you could get it without the "e", it would be a better saw.

As I doubt that is possible, I would like to stear you towards the 353, and even the 346xp! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

the 450 replaced the 350 which are both home owner saws (plastic crankcases). the 353 is in between the home owner and pro class saws but is pro constructed. i ran my brothers 450e and it was a nice saw near vibration free, easy on gas, descent power, but really the 350 has more power. only complaint with the 450e is the intergrated choke on/off switch which is kinda of a pain if you dont read the book.

If that "E" part goes bad you will have to pay through the nose to get it fixed.

The 450 is a land owner saw. The 346XP is the pro version and has the same displacement but 1/2 more HP. It will scream.

The 353E is also a land owner saw but it has more metal in the case and a little bigger engine than the 450.

The 350 like I have is a land owner saw but has more plastic in the case than the 353E

Any of these saws would make a nice land owner saw for what you want to do.

I really like my 350.

I think all the new ones have the integrated choke/off-on switch/fast idle.

I have got used to it and like it just fine.

i was talking about the all in one knob that i know husky put on the home owner class saws not the blue choke red on/off that i have seen on all 350, 353, 346 saws. if husky has gone to the all in one knobs i hadnt seen them. i am not puttin down the 450 on/off/choke control but can be a problem for the inexperienced until they have learned to use it. my brother had problems with flooding his until he learned.

If that "E" part goes bad you will have to pay through the nose to get it fixed.

The 450 is a land owner saw. The 346XP is the pro version and has the same displacement but 1/2 more HP. It will scream.

The 353E is also a land owner saw but it has more metal in the case and a little bigger engine than the 450.

The 350 like I have is a land owner saw but has more plastic in the case than the 353E

Any of these saws would make a nice land owner saw for what you want to do.

I really like my 350.

The 346xp and 450 has nothing in common! The 346xp is the super pro version of the 353, or the 353 is the low power version of the 346XP :laugh:

And what´s a 353E?

Geesh, homeowner, land owner, pro..........it is.... it isn't......... 353E??? Brand marketing, gotta luv it, less mis-inform the mis-informed.
The 450 is a good saw, should someone not like the tooless chain adjuster it can be coverted to the conventional bolt/stud set up (and with all the E models if it fails in the field a regular bar nut can be used on the existing clutch cover and stores nicely under the top cover).

No matter what saw you decide to buy your husband, you should read the manual so you can explain to him how it works...............there is so much valuable information in manuals that regretfully most men (as they know it all) fail to read!

450 is a damn good saw, the non cat model is best, I have owned a couple and would buy another. Lighter than the 455 and smoother. I have a non cat muffler for one if you need it.

You cannot get a 450 with a CAT or Catalytic muffler......they simply do not exist in any market..............if you have owned a couple, versus own a couple you might have an issue as the saw has only been availble in North America since late 2009............do you burn through saws that quickly?

I had a 450 non e series for a while. It was a good little saw, sold it for what I paid for it and bought a 346. It will get the job done. :msp_smile:

thanks dude!

Thanks guys, appreciate all the comments!! Been offline couple days....just getting back to the project. Now all I need to do is read the manuals and figure out what all this means???

The details are great because when I go shopping I'll have specific stuff for questions...........:rock::agree2::chainsawguy:

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Huskey dude!:clap::bday::musical-note:

The 346xp and 450 has nothing in common! The 346xp is the super pro version of the 353, or the 353 is the low power version of the 346XP :laugh:

And what´s a 353E?

You cannot get a 450 with a CAT or Catalytic muffler......they simply do not exist in any market..............if you have owned a couple, versus own a couple you might have an issue as the saw has only been availble in North America since late 2009............do you burn through saws that quickly?

Yea I do , and yes I have owned two , And no mine did not have a cat muffler. And yes if you use saw for work they do not last forever, but since your so interested I run the heck out of them for a yr or so and sell them . Also its damn funny that the 450 has only been available since late 09 when I sold my first 450 in the AS trading post in 08, I bought it new from the local husky shop in the summer of 08. So I guess it must have been a prototype! LMAO Get your facts straight so your not talking out your ass!

My mistake I just found the receipt for the 450, It was the 3rd of OCT 2008, so that would be fall ! LOL Still a long ways from late 09!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back