Husqvarna 455 rancher2 autotune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Take it easy it's a joke - for the most part. I mentioned before some of it has to do with parts consolidation I'm sure, same side cover for multiple saws. There are actually two support studs under the cover with the threaded stud so there's a total of three on these.

I like humor I like fun, this whole thing ain't worth it if ya gotta be serious all the time ;) gotta be ready to laugh at anything!

Not a clue. But like TK said, we could expect the same spread as on the curent Ranchers. The 455AT is $30 more than the regular, so we can take it from there.

Prices can be kind of funny when you have so many models. Without enough distance between them a particular model could wind up being a dust collector. The 465 will likely be a good running saw, but how close will the price be to the 555? Anything less than $100 and the 555 is a no brainer.

I have seeen the 455 Rancher auto tune online for $440 free shipping/ no tax. Thats new in the box to your door. Dont think our local dealer has any yet. The 460/465 should weight the same as the 455AT. 545At should be about a pound lighter.
I have a friend who runs a tree service. He bought a 460 rancher on ebay that was a factory refurbish for $350 about 3yrs ago. He has had no problems with it. Said he would buy another. It is his "go to saw".

I have seeen the 455 Rancher auto tune online for $440 free shipping/ no tax. Thats new in the box to your door. Dont think our local dealer has any yet. The 460/465 should weight the same as the 455AT. 545At should be about a pound lighter.
I have a friend who runs a tree service. He bought a 460 rancher on ebay that was a factory refurbish for $350 about 3yrs ago. He has had no problems with it. Said he would buy another. It is his "go to saw".

The 545 should be 2-2.5 pounds lighter.

545 is a nice saw, it should be a great complement to the 550 as the 353 was to the 346.

I sure hope so. I couldn't hardly give a 460 away :dizzy:

We bought a 460 Rancher last summer. Our 262XP was stolen in a shop break-in. We needed another "big" saw w/ a 20" bar (big by our standards; the rest of our work stable is 2 50cc and 1 40cc saws). The smaller saws are our work horses, and for the amount we use the 60cc saw it was hard to justify the cost of a 562XP. So far I like the 460. A little heavy, but then I'm used to 10-11 lb saws. Yeah, it's not a pro, but it does what we need it to. If it holds up well into the future, I'll be happy with it.

455 husqvarna

well everyone is being so positive so I guess somebody has to point out the
down falls unless they fixed the problems in this new model. I wonder if this
one will be dumbed down to 9600rpm to save the amatuers. or have they fixed
there problem of going through oil pumps and drivers. well Ill still take my 55 rancher
set up with 3/8s skip chain and 20" bar at least it turns 12,500rpm.

there problem of going through oil pumps and drivers. well Ill still take my 55 rancher

Your rpm specs are inconsistent. One is max rpm and the other is max power rpm. Both saws turn 12,500 and cut between 9,000-10,000 rpm depending. And a 455 will turn a 20" bar better than a 55. Oil pump win goes to the 55.

Hi lads can anyone pm me the part number for those caps? Also where to buy them in America, my husky dealer is still in the Stone Age for ordering parts. Thabks

Hi lads can anyone pm me the part number for those caps? Also where to buy them in America, my husky dealer is still in the Stone Age for ordering parts. Thabks

How many do you want? ;)

So far so good

Hey guys I'm new here. I recently bought the 455 rancher 2. My 350 died a couple months ago. Had my heart set on the 555 but as it turned out instead of getting a tax return this year I had to pay.

Anyway, my primary use is firewood and since this saw won't be my last I figured I'd give this one a try. Dealer said that it was the first one that he had got in. It felt kind of cool to have the first one in the area.

Seems to run pretty good. BUT, I can only compare it to my recently departed 350. I know that the plastic case doesn't appeal to some folks but I think it should work for me. I do like that Husqvarna added a couple features like autotune and easy access to the air filter. Loose screws drive me nuts!

Since you cant adjust it anymore they changed the caps so there was some thought involved.:help:

Don't get hung up on paper specs. I've seen plenty of saws were past the specs in many ways, and seen a few that didn't live up to anymore than paper weights. Real world numbers come from run time not from a notebook.

Don't get hung up on paper specs. I've seen plenty of saws were past the specs in many ways, and seen a few that didn't live up to anymore than paper weights. Real world numbers come from run time not from a notebook.

That has Saw Trolls ears ringin.:msp_ohmy:

Latest posts

Back