Husqvarna 555 vs Echo CS 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find Echo parts at a lot of on-line sources. With shopping prices aren't bad.

Right. I think OEM Echo parts cost les than OEM Stihl and Husky parts, not a lot of aftermarket parts for Echo. I just bought a OEM piston for a 590 for $55 , could have got a aftermarket for $30, for the difference I'll stick with Echo quality. Steve

Thank you for your replies everyone, these have been really helpful. While I still love the idea of a 555 or even a 562xp, given the cost and the way I will use it, I think the Echo is the way to go.

There is a dealer near me with 15% off right now, so I think I might take a close look at the 620p as well. The 540 will run me about 340.00 after discount and the 620 will be about 460.00 or so.

A couple folks mentioned a new bar for these Echo’s. Am I understanding correctly that they make adapters thy will enable a Husqvarna large mount bar to fit this saw? Do they make one for small mount so I can use the new bar I bought for my 357xp before I quit on me?

I think you will be really happy with an Echo CS620p. If I didn't already have the Husky 555, I would certainly have a 620P sitting in its place. I'm currently on the prowl for a nice 75-80 cc saw. Not really sure why other than I want one.

The one thing that’s impressive about my 590 is that no matter what the temperature is outside it starts the same every time, two pulls on choke, one pull with the choke off and she starts up every time. I don’t use it very often, but when I do I know she is gonna start with 3 pulls

Thank you for your replies everyone, these have been really helpful. While I still love the idea of a 555 or even a 562xp, given the cost and the way I will use it, I think the Echo is the way to go.

There is a dealer near me with 15% off right now, so I think I might take a close look at the 620p as well. The 540 will run me about 340.00 after discount and the 620 will be about 460.00 or so.

A couple folks mentioned a new bar for these Echo’s. Am I understanding correctly that they make adapters thy will enable a Husqvarna large mount bar to fit this saw? Do they make one for small mount so I can use the new bar I bought for my 357xp before I quit on me?
The adaptor lets you fit a large mount Stihl bar on your saw. The true Echo/McC to Stihl adaptor is hard to find but the Husqvarna to Stihl adaptor will also work (although with a little extra clearance) for Echo to Stihl.

Then any large mount saw you ever buy in the future can wear the same bars.

The only thing you might need to do is enlarge the bar adjuster holes on the Stihl bar.

The other benefit is you will be running the “standard” drive link chains for any given bar length. Echo specific bars usually wear a bar that are a drive link or two different than standard.

I purchased a CS501p and CS620pw 2 years ago. Pulled the carb plugs and did muffler mods as soon as I received them. I'm very happy with both, but particularly impressed with the 620. That thing pulls like a tractor. Easy to start, runs great, extremely happy with it.

I managed to blow up my 501 a month or two ago, messing with the carb and being inattentive. OEM cylinder was $94, piston kit was mid $40s, etc. I thought those prices were reasonable for OEM items.

I'm very happy with my decision to go Echo vs Stihl for my "new saws". I still have (4) 028s in various states of condition. I'll be selling 3 of them, and keeping one as a back up.

Glad to know about the bar adapters. May not matter to me, but with a Stihl dealer nearby (and no Echo dealers) it may be worth converting to the Stihl bar when the Echo bars wear down.

I purchased a CS501p and CS620pw 2 years ago. Pulled the carb plugs and did muffler mods as soon as I received them. I'm very happy with both, but particularly impressed with the 620. That thing pulls like a tractor. Easy to start, runs great, extremely happy with it.

I managed to blow up my 501 a month or two ago, messing with the carb and being inattentive. OEM cylinder was $94, piston kit was mid $40s, etc. I thought those prices were reasonable for OEM items.

I'm very happy with my decision to go Echo vs Stihl for my "new saws". I still have (4) 028s in various states of condition. I'll be selling 3 of them, and keeping one as a back up.

Glad to know about the bar adapters. May not matter to me, but with a Stihl dealer nearby (and no Echo dealers) it may be worth converting to the Stihl bar when the Echo bars wear down.
I was brand specific for years with bars. Finally sold everything and went to Stihl pattern as I found them on sale. A fellow AS member sent me a couple carbide drill bits to drill out the adjuster holes.

I’ve got 16, 20, and 28 inch Stihl pattern bars now. Maybe grab a 24 and 36 eventually.

There are a couple 590's for sale in the $250 range near me, NIB. No warranty of course, but once you MM and tune you've got no warranty anyway. Worth a quick glance at CL, Offerup, etc.

There are a couple 590's for sale in the $250 range near me, NIB. No warranty of course, but once you MM and tune you've got no warranty anyway. Worth a quick glance at CL, Offerup, etc.
Impressive. I would go for it, if you have not done so already. They go for the equivalent about 900 US$ here. Same as the Husky 555.

Nah, don't need another saw, and we're spoiled with saw prices here. 590's pop up at that price frequently enough, and they're only $420 new in the store. Used 60cc Stihls can be had in the $400 range as well. A $250 590 is a good deal, but nothing I'm going to jump on just for the heck of it, without a specific need.

Latest posts

Back